Does everything they say it will +
By richardrp on
2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I bought it thinking I would get less than shown on mileage. WRONG !!! After 1000 miles getting, Interstate driving cruising, 70 mph on flat ground, a steady 36.7-.8 mpg. Yesterday a 53 mile return trip driving Interstate Hwy with rolling hills, State Hwy with steep hills, 6 miles of rural blacktop road with high hills and and winding curves, stopping in small town to buy dinner, stopping at 4 stoplights . Average 34.7 mpg, average speed 49 mph for total trip . General driving trip to town driving 26 miles through steep hills on winding road and town driving, average 29.3 mpg. For anyone getting terrible mileage with this engine, try Star Tron add to clean water/crbn from fuel, etc.
Favorite Features
Room inside, overall interior and exterior design, convenience of controls, handling and ride.
Suggested Improvements
Recommend drivers getting bad mileage with the 2.4L engine change driving habits/put good additive in to remove water from fuel, clean carbon from injectors, valves etc.
By richardrp
on 04/14/13 09:21 AM (PDT)

For anyone thinking the car computer reading is wrong for average MPG. I have filled up to the last squirt then divided gallons into miles and all three times I did that, the average I got was 1 mile per gallon more than the car computer. I was surprised by that but it happened. This is the first vehicle I ever bought new that got as good or better MPG than stated. I drive reasonable but don't really baby it, do use cruise whenever I can and ECO all the time. I also use the additive I mention regularly and it boosted my average MPG by 1 MPG. In the past I have used others but this is the first that really worked and NO I'm not connected to that product in anyway except a customer. It taught me just how dirty (water causing poor burning, internal gunk, and carbon buildup . The gasoline we get today is terrible.