Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Better than expected...
By joseph70

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car delivers. Everything that it says it does...it does. The power is quick, responsive and really makes the car fun to drive. It handles with the precision of a European counterpart. I have been impressed with the features that are offered inside the cabin as well. I would have never pictured myself in a Korean car as I have been a Japanese owner all of my life. The quality and fit of the car have really sealed the deal for me. I am not sure if I could recommend a car more highly. Kia has been excellent with all the maintenance and follow up. It has been better than expected.

The UVO system has made hands free phone calls easy. The other voice commands with the system make the radio better for heavy traffic days too. The inside of the car continues to receive compliments. My friends are always surprised by heated and cooled seats. The heated steering wheel is a real bonus on cold mornings. It is a beautiful interior that I feel I could have paid much more for. I am always impressed with how it looks on the outside as well. It could and should be compared to a Japanese counterpart. i.e. Lexus or Infinity.

When I find one...I will come back and and write it .

Refined Luxury with a sporty overtone
By boesman1

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming out of a 2007 Mazda CX7 GT, I was leaning hard towards a 2014 Mazda6. In my due diligence, I looked at the 2013 Optima which really caught my eye with its beauty. After test driving the SXL w/turbo there was no comparison. With 3k in incentives it was comparable to the Mazda, yet blew it away in creature comforts and luxury. I've had the car for about a week and have no regrets. Having had BMW's, Infinity's and a corvette I can honestly say this car is the nicest I ever owned. Performance is nothing less than amazing with the smoothest power-band I've ever experienced, especially considering the turbo. Comfort and value are second to none. Fun factor remains to be seen as I adjust.

Exterior & Interior design, panoramic sunroof is really quite eloquent. The cooled seats work great and are a must have with a black interior. Napa leather is incredibly soft and supple.

Shocked that this car does not have blind spot monitoring. I am sure that the 2014 will have it, but its a BIG oversight IMO. Especially considering the blind spots on this vehicle. Thankfully, convex mirrors do the same thing yet at night no so much.

Can a family car be sexy??
By doogie517

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 Kia Soul for a 2013 Kia Optima EX and even though its only been about a month, I can honestly say this car is HOT. It certainly has more features for the price than any other car in its class, and the the gas mileage is slightly lower than what is posted, overall I love this car. I got the snow white pearl finish with the light grey leather interior. I added custom wheels and a wood dash, and the car is now on par with a Lexus for half the price. the icing on the cake was the other day when i was at the grocery store, and this guy pulls up in a supercharged dodge challenger, rolls down the window, and says "nice ride" that made me smile for the rest of day!!

2012 EX Optima - Amazing Value
By jerryk007

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Now a proud owner for 1 year. Overall average mpg 24.0+. Great ride and I am amazed by the acceleration of this hot 4 cylinder! Interior finish is excellent and the leather is tops. I am still wondering how this KIA is so well priced that anyone would buy a Toyota! Thus far no mechanical or build problems at all. Cons: Only one! The steering wheel is a bit to "slick" to grip.

Style; interior dash and finish. Great gas mileage and amazingly quiet running for an inexpensive vehicle!

Should have a "mute" button for the radio on the steering wheel. Steering Wheel should have an improved binding for gripping the wheel. Passenger seat (manual) should have the ability to raise up 2-3" or come as a standard feature with the EX and up models.

5000 miles in 15 days, love it!
By bikephil

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my 2011 Optima SX with 20k miles on it on April 29. Today (May 16) I have 24,500 miles. MPG has not been below 32 for any of my trips, and has been as high as 35 even though I average 70-75 MPH (always use cruise, never use ECO button). Quiet, comfortable, stylish. Cooled seats are terrific. Nice radio. Roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me.

Radio quality, NAV system, cooled seats, panoramic sunroof

Slight wind noise from top of drivers door, a bit more headroom would be nice.

• SUV