Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

2013 KIA Optima SX after 12000 Miles
By achero1

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a follow up review on my KIA Optima SX after 12000 miles. I purchased my 2013 Optima SX in July of 2013 new after trading out of an Infiniti M35X. The Optima has been a great car. I still can't get over how great the car looks.
I commute 80 miles a day round trip to work. After 6 months I have 12000 miles on my Optima. The only issue I have had is the gasket around the moon roof which was replaced by the dealer. I have been averaging with the turbo and running high test (my choice,) on the average 25 miles per-gallon. That is apox. 425 miles on a tank of gas.Living in NH and commuting to Mass the Optima is pretty decent in the snow. Great car all around.

favorite features are: 4 heated seats, infiniti stereo, 18 inch low profile tires, vented front seats, fit and finish both interior and exterior, UVO system, 2.0 Liter turbo, memory seats, great warranty. KIA has provided great service especially from the dealership (TEAM KIA in Concord NH-Alan and Jonathan are exceptional)

I don't understand why KIA hasn't made the passenger seat height adjustable. Passengers complain the seats sits on the low side. Even on the new cadenza the passenger seat has no adjustments for the height. Rear center seat I would like to have a headrest. Not just KIA but many car companies are no longer putting spare tires in there cars. It's an option.

Who'd have thought???
By longbeachjim

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm almost 50 and have owned many cars...Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Acura, and am probably a bit of a car snob.
I never would have thought I'd own a Kia, but had long been drawn to the exterior design for the fact that there's nothing else on the road that looks like it.
So, I went to the dealer for a closer look.
Wow!
Interior design is outstanding!
Quality is amazing, and more features than my loaded Acura TL had!
I'm seriously in love with this car... Beautiful, stylish, excellent fit and finish.
The steering is a little touchy, and took me a bit to get used to.
Otherwise, there's not a vehicle out there that delivers more bang for the buck than this bad boy.

Cooled seats (great for Palm Springs Summers!), and power retractable side mirrors are awesome. Smart stereo can import music from my iPhone wirelessly. Incredible.

Nothing, really. This is an awesome car all around. My only (petty) gripes are that the satellite radio reception is a bit touchy. Should be no need to lose a signal on a clear day, but it seems to happen more frequently in this car than other cars I've owned with Sirius/XM; additionally, I wish the sunroof opened further. The opening seems small for a car that boasts such a large, panoramic roof. Little things, I know, and they don't detract from the excellent ownership experience.

nice
By bhooks

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Best investment I have4 made in a long time.

Bluetooth.

Ricarro seats.

Love My 2013 Optima
By classy38

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I started off searching for a Mercedes and did not see one that had all of the features I wanted without breaking the bank. Then I spotted a gorgeous Infiniti that I liked very much but did not have all of the bell and whistles as the Kia Optima like rear seat warmers and the panoramic sunroof. Not to mention the Infiniti was at least 3 years older, with a partial warranty. After looking at the Optima there was no comparison to the amenities and the price was great compared to the type of vehicles that I was searching for. I was able to get everything I wanted in this vehicle without paying a fortune. This car is great it handles well, it looks good, and it looks better with tinted windows.

Back Camera, Voice Command, Satellite Radio, heated and cool seats, Panoramic Sunroof and so much more.

NO improvements that I can think of at this time. This car is the best so far and I am more than pleased with its performance as well as gas mileage. Will order a spare tire kit.

Super fun SXL sport sedan connects with road in comfort and style at reasonable price!
By robberoony

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love under-rated cars, esp. ones that are transformed when you buy the top of the line model, and SX Limited sure fits this bill!
2l Turbo mill is potent, revs freely, and has a wide power band for it's size.
Easily outperforms my 2011 Fusion V6.
Handling is also great, very connected to the road, low body roll, wonderful automatic downshifts, quick response off-idle, and a blast to manually up or down shift at any time via the paddles.
Comfort is outstanding too, I especially love the cooled seats and soft, high quality leather.
Infinity audio + sub is superb!
The electronics are also carefully thought out and nicely integrated - nav, phone, audio, voice control all intuitive.

+Superior value! Gotta be the best sport sedan for the price. Beat 2013 Fusion Ecoboost Titanium & Lacrosse for fun! +Style inside and out! +Full black glass roof looks wicked esp. with white metallic exterior +Tons of thoughtful details in design, fit and finish +Handling and road feel are really great +Potent 2l turbo +Automatic shift points are great under heavy acceleration, but you can beat the auto via the paddle shifters when the need arrises. +Paddle shifters work all the time, no need to switch to manual on the stick. +Great cooled seats front, and four seat heat. +Quiet given suspension and connectedness to road +Folding mirrors a plus +Very cool 18" chrome wheels

-Needs an all wheel drive option, nothing improves handling more for a given chassis than power to all four wheel and some good computer algorithms to control it all. This my Fusion AWD had down pat. -Blind spot monitors would be great option -Very little ambient lighting in cabin, a miss in this day and age. -No puddle lights on mirrors or doors, another miss for the top of the line model -Backup camera is great, but could use obstacle and cross-traffic warning -Crap Hankook tires, good only in warm dry weather, likely will replace with something sticky and versatile like the Continental PureContacts. -No text/email to voice