Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

warrenty issues
By ibergeron

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the Kia Optima we purchased was our third, we had an Amanti, we purchased a Sorento for our son, and now we have an Optima. the car ran great but it blew the engine. the repairs approved was a re-manufactured engine. Every mechanic I have spoken to said that a new engine in a 1 1/2 year old car with 21,500 miles was the correct repair NOT a re-manufactured engine. If you want a vehicle that will be repaired properly, stay AWAY From KIA.

Loving my Optima so far.
By dps1961

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't bought a new car since 1982 but after the repair bills on my last two BMW's, I decided to go this route. The BMW repair center I used was close to work so I parked it and walked past the KIA dealership to work. I kept looking at the Optima's as I walked by and thought they were beautiful sedans. After my last $850 repair bill I decided to give them a test drive. I didn't expect them to drive and ride as well as my 545i, and they didn't, but I was happily surprised at how well it did perform. I have been averaging over 35 mpg on the highway so I am very happy. I also enjoy the fact I can use regular gasoline instead of the premium that I had to use in my BMW.

Favorite Features

I like that I have the USB port that I can use to copy my favorite songs to the hard drive. I also enjoy the UVO system. The panoramic sunroof is also something I enjoy very much. Love the back up camera also.

Suggested Improvements

I did order a spare tire kit for my car. If I had known they did not come with a spare tire kit I would have held out for this feature before making the deal. I also do not like the tilt of the headrest on the driver and passenger seats. I have them all the way back and they still feel like they are tilted too far forward. I do understand this was due to a new requirement for new vehicles due to increased safety standards in the industry.

2013 KIA Optima SX
By achero1

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared BMW 328, MB 300, Audi A4, and infiniti g37x to the KIA SX. Optima SX had more options and performance. The optima is a gorgeous car. the outside styling and paint finish is incredible. Interior materials are excellent quality. The navigation and radio respond very quickly. Front and rear seats are heated. I have had the car for a month, love how it drives and handles. The SX turbo flies with almost 274HP. this is my 3rd kia. They have been extremely dependable. There is nothing on the market that has the same value as a KIA. This is not the KIA of past. Toyota and Honda take note. I traded out of a m35x for the SX. The m35x was very expensive to maintain almost $12k a year.

Favorite Features

I love the styling, heated and cooled front memory seats with chilled glove box. Nav and infinity radio are excellent quality. 2.0 liter turbo engine with 274 HP is a blast to drive. MPH is aprox 28-30 mpg. Keyless entry, when you walk passed the car interior lights come on automatically. I can't say enough about the superb quality of the exterior finish. you can record your mp3 cd's on the car's hard drive. The large sunroof is impressive. 5 year 60 mile bumper to bumper warrant with road service. 100k on engine and drive train. KIA support is head and shoulders over any other car co. i've owned. Love the pinstripping and chip guards around the fender wells and door edges.

Suggested Improvements

-Adjustable height on the passenger seat. -Head rest for middle back seat. -Retractable steering wheel. -I wish i could burn regular cd's into the hard drive instead of converting them to a mp3 format. -would be nice to have the SX with LED running lights as an option. -I was surprised that the SX has no spare, but a flat kit that consists of an electric air pump and flat spray. I think I would prefer a spare.

Love my Optima
By snerenbaum

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Honda Accord for a 2013 KIA Optima. I am extremely happy with everything about this car. There are so many bells and whistles. It's comfortable and the panoramic sunroof is great. My husband purchased this car for me and I love the Metal Copper color. It's fun to drive. KIA hit this one out of the ball park.

Favorite Features

I really don't have a favorite (how could you) it is all my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I will get back to you on this after I drive it more. I've only had it a week.

Better than expected...
By joseph70

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car delivers. Everything that it says it does...it does. The power is quick, responsive and really makes the car fun to drive. It handles with the precision of a European counterpart. I have been impressed with the features that are offered inside the cabin as well. I would have never pictured myself in a Korean car as I have been a Japanese owner all of my life. The quality and fit of the car have really sealed the deal for me. I am not sure if I could recommend a car more highly. Kia has been excellent with all the maintenance and follow up. It has been better than expected.

Favorite Features

The UVO system has made hands free phone calls easy. The other voice commands with the system make the radio better for heavy traffic days too. The inside of the car continues to receive compliments. My friends are always surprised by heated and cooled seats. The heated steering wheel is a real bonus on cold mornings. It is a beautiful interior that I feel I could have paid much more for. I am always impressed with how it looks on the outside as well. It could and should be compared to a Japanese counterpart. i.e. Lexus or Infinity.

Suggested Improvements

When I find one...I will come back and and write it .