Used 2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Traded in Optima LX non-hybrid for this
By catrose

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We purchased this hybrid after trading in the Optima LX sedan, which we found inferior in carpeting (it wore through on the driver's side within 2 months. This hybrid has far better suspension than the Optima LX of that year and there are many small build-ins that increase the comfort and reliability of the unit. We get an average of 38 mph in the city. Rarely drive on the highway so can't give you the average.

Reliable mileage, good suspension, carpet upgrade over non-hybrid models, flexible driver seat customization.

Excellent car, comfortable and quiet
By happykiadriv1

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Driven more than 30,000 miles, excellent car with no problems. Variable mpg depending on the weather...goes way down in the winter.
Comfortable ride, quiet on the highway. Lots of standard features that make the car an excellent value.

Comfort. Reliability.

Blind spots are substantial.

WAY impressed with this car!
By c1carroll

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'.
Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW!
Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles.
Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw.
Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here.
Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet.
My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it

Favorite features: 1) heated wheel 2) heated and cooled seats (oh yeah!) 3) Infinity sound system (love those sub-woofers) 4) great MPG! 5) quiet cabin..no outside noise etc...etc...etc!

Raise the passenger seat a little (really....that's it!)

Engine Problem
By sms3613

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Navigation, Sunroof, Seats, Trunk space

Better quality control and better parts.

Fantastic Sedan
By golleye

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove this car, a scion TC, and a Honda accord and the Optima was, in my opinion, the best of the three. With the features offered and the low price tag this car blew me away. I've had the car for 7 months now and have put 11,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have seen the other people saying that they do not get good gas mileage but on the country roads I get about 30mpg and in the city I still get a good 27mpg on the highway I usually average 35mpg. I have had no problems with the car and I definitely recommend it to someone looking for an amazing and gorgeous looking sedan with a low price tag.