2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Surprising, Fun, and WOW on Economy
By dc4kids on 08/12/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I have owned the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid only a week and I LOVE IT! I have owned Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lincoln, Honda, Volkswagen, Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, Plymouth, and more and I would rate this vehicle as one of my all time favorites. I love the fact that I can drive the vehicle hundred plus miles and the gas gauge ticks off one notch equal to about 2 gallons of gas. The car is quiet, smooth, and well built. I also love the 5 years and 60,000 mile warranty. No worries for about 4-5 years. I figured out I am saving over $300 a month on gas from my Porsche Cayenne S I just replaced. I love that.

Loving my Optima so far.
By dps1961 on 08/06/13 11:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't bought a new car since 1982 but after the repair bills on my last two BMW's, I decided to go this route. The BMW repair center I used was close to work so I parked it and walked past the KIA dealership to work. I kept looking at the Optima's as I walked by and thought they were beautiful sedans. After my last $850 repair bill I decided to give them a test drive. I didn't expect them to drive and ride as well as my 545i, and they didn't, but I was happily surprised at how well it did perform. I have been averaging over 35 mpg on the highway so I am very happy. I also enjoy the fact I can use regular gasoline instead of the premium that I had to use in my BMW.

2013 KIA Optima SX
By achero1 on 07/16/13 20:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared BMW 328, MB 300, Audi A4, and infiniti g37x to the KIA SX. Optima SX had more options and performance. The optima is a gorgeous car. the outside styling and paint finish is incredible. Interior materials are excellent quality. The navigation and radio respond very quickly. Front and rear seats are heated. I have had the car for a month, love how it drives and handles. The SX turbo flies with almost 274HP. this is my 3rd kia. They have been extremely dependable. There is nothing on the market that has the same value as a KIA. This is not the KIA of past. Toyota and Honda take note. I traded out of a m35x for the SX. The m35x was very expensive to maintain almost $12k a year.

Love my Optima
By snerenbaum on 07/16/13 13:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Honda Accord for a 2013 KIA Optima. I am extremely happy with everything about this car. There are so many bells and whistles. It's comfortable and the panoramic sunroof is great. My husband purchased this car for me and I love the Metal Copper color. It's fun to drive. KIA hit this one out of the ball park.

Better than expected...
By joseph70 on 07/14/13 20:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car delivers. Everything that it says it does...it does. The power is quick, responsive and really makes the car fun to drive. It handles with the precision of a European counterpart. I have been impressed with the features that are offered inside the cabin as well. I would have never pictured myself in a Korean car as I have been a Japanese owner all of my life. The quality and fit of the car have really sealed the deal for me. I am not sure if I could recommend a car more highly. Kia has been excellent with all the maintenance and follow up. It has been better than expected.

Refined Luxury with a sporty overtone
By boesman1 on 07/07/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming out of a 2007 Mazda CX7 GT, I was leaning hard towards a 2014 Mazda6. In my due diligence, I looked at the 2013 Optima which really caught my eye with its beauty. After test driving the SXL w/turbo there was no comparison. With 3k in incentives it was comparable to the Mazda, yet blew it away in creature comforts and luxury. I've had the car for about a week and have no regrets. Having had BMW's, Infinity's and a corvette I can honestly say this car is the nicest I ever owned. Performance is nothing less than amazing with the smoothest power-band I've ever experienced, especially considering the turbo. Comfort and value are second to none. Fun factor remains to be seen as I adjust.

Can a family car be sexy??
By doogie517 on 05/29/13 19:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2011 Kia Soul for a 2013 Kia Optima EX and even though its only been about a month, I can honestly say this car is HOT. It certainly has more features for the price than any other car in its class, and the the gas mileage is slightly lower than what is posted, overall I love this car. I got the snow white pearl finish with the light grey leather interior. I added custom wheels and a wood dash, and the car is now on par with a Lexus for half the price. the icing on the cake was the other day when i was at the grocery store, and this guy pulls up in a supercharged dodge challenger, rolls down the window, and says "nice ride" that made me smile for the rest of day!!

2012 EX Optima - Amazing Value
By jerryk007 on 05/18/13 08:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Now a proud owner for 1 year. Overall average mpg 24.0+. Great ride and I am amazed by the acceleration of this hot 4 cylinder! Interior finish is excellent and the leather is tops. I am still wondering how this KIA is so well priced that anyone would buy a Toyota! Thus far no mechanical or build problems at all. Cons: Only one! The steering wheel is a bit to "slick" to grip.

5000 miles in 15 days, love it!
By bikephil on 05/15/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my 2011 Optima SX with 20k miles on it on April 29. Today (May 16) I have 24,500 miles. MPG has not been below 32 for any of my trips, and has been as high as 35 even though I average 70-75 MPH (always use cruise, never use ECO button). Quiet, comfortable, stylish. Cooled seats are terrific. Nice radio. Roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me.

Nice Car
By webelnv on 04/26/13 12:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the SXL. It looks great and drives nice. It does have a few blind spot you need to get use to. We've had the car for 3 months now and are fuel mileage for street and highway has been about 21-22 mpg. We haven't taken it on a road trip yet. The only thing I didn't like about the SXL is you can only get white or black interior. In the northwest I really don't like black interior so we went with white. It would have been nice if you could get tan or a grey interior in the SXL. We have had some problems with the nav. system not working. Have had to turn car off and restart it to get it to work.