2013 KX - worth a serious thought
By slm67 on
2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
The inside is roomy, and comfortable. The car warms up quickly. I have yet to take it on longer then a 1 hour drive, but my commute is 30 minutes and I am quite impressed in how comfortable it is. Dealer was excellent. Is a car I love to drive. My gas mileage is good for the size, just under 26 mpg combined. I have to wonder how people are driving that complain about low gas mileage. It is NOT a hybrid, small economy car. It is a mid sized vehicle, comfortably seats 5 and has lots of room. The "no spare tire" complaint to me-well the sealant and pump i like better then being out in the cold and rain changing a tire to a donut..been there, down that. I think this is a better setup.
Favorite Features
First is the styling- very nice. When parked near a Lexus in a parking lot, the styling was very similar. Several people have commented on its look and asked what it was ...hearing a KIA Optima the response is usually "It's a KIA?" Gas mileage is for me acceptable. In my previous Sentra I averaged in the area of 27 or so mpg combined for work, with this (a larger, heavier and nicer car) I am averaging around 25.8 mpg combined. An acceptable trade off with the pluses that I now have! I love the way the interior lighting is, mostly red, with speed and tach lit in white. Someone complained about this. It is a nice subtle lighting directs eyes to where they need to go.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I have found so far, and I am going out on a limb on this with saying itÂ’s the style that is shared with some of the higher priced cars- is that the view from the rear window is not as great as I am used to. Day to day is not an issue, but backing up, the angle of the window, size and the way the car itself is shaped does make it interesting trying to figure out where your back end is. A backup camera might be a good idea- especially if you are moving up in size or do it rarely. The lighting for the wheel mounted buttons for the radio controls and blue tooth in my opinion are a little too dim- especially for new owners that still might have to glance down.