2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Gas Milage
By larry134 on 09/23/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Kia should state true gas milage. They say 24 - 35. In reality it is more like 20-22 to 31-32.Stop lying KIA, you have a great car here except for your bloated MPG milage.

Great car...but mpg
By coliveri on 09/09/13 19:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think this car is great. Great handling, acceleration, love the interior and bluetooth, the exterior is sharp and aggressive. BUT the gas mileage is a turn off! Im averaging 26 mpg..on the high way! Ive tried everything. Tried cruse control, driving light footed and watching the instant mpg monitor....all of that with eco mode and still nothing!!! Its becoming very frustrating because first of all this is a 4 cylinder! My old lincoln ls (v8) could get that kind of mileage. Thank god Im leasing this car. Kia stop lying about you're mpg.

Steering and Milage are Horrible
By whd13b on 09/07/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I must start with, the car looks beautiful. Remington Red is a real show stopper. Seats are super comfortable and interior spacious. Needs more storage compartments. Gas wise, horrible. I'm averaging 23 mpg, and Eco changes nothing but the way it drives. Moving on to steering. Refuses to stay on center while driving. Pulls to the left, then when straightened out, goes to the right. Back and forth, but always over steers to the left when on a center plane surface. Very exhausting when driving on the straight run highways off highway, almost caused a few accidents veering into the opposite lane while taking my eyes off the road for a split second to turn AC on or equivalent. Bad!

good car great standard features
By dmc03 on 09/02/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like the car real well, runs great has plenty of power, smooth ride, comfortable seating. the only thing i am disappointed in is the gas mileage. The sticker rates it at 24 city 35 highway. I once checked it at about 19mpg everyday driving. On the highway going from birmingham to atlanta round trip I got about 30mpg. which is not too bad , but is about 5mpg below epa estimated mileage. So it seems that both the city and highway mileage falls about 5mpg short. Don't go by the estimated mpg on the odometer because it is not very accurate. It may say you are getting a few more miles per gallon than is true. I found when you check it at fill up with a calculater it is less.

Best value for sports sedan
By darfer19 on 08/29/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I spent months researching every car on the internet , taking test drives , checking out pricing ... and the Optima SXL was the absolute bext car I could find for me. It gave me exactly what I was looking for which was nice power, decent ga milage , attractive out side packaging, a lot of extra features, and an easy to use touch screen.. all for a low $30's. I drove a BMW 3 series, an Audi A4, a mazda 6, honda accord and none had a perfect blend like the Optima. The Mazda not enough HP , the Accord lacked styling in the back, the BMW nice but 40 plus grand with basic features, and the closest was the Audi which drove nice but the tech and styling also a bit dated. The Opimta SXL is great!!

warrenty issues
By ibergeron on 08/16/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the Kia Optima we purchased was our third, we had an Amanti, we purchased a Sorento for our son, and now we have an Optima. the car ran great but it blew the engine. the repairs approved was a re-manufactured engine. Every mechanic I have spoken to said that a new engine in a 1 1/2 year old car with 21,500 miles was the correct repair NOT a re-manufactured engine. If you want a vehicle that will be repaired properly, stay AWAY From KIA.

Loving my Optima so far.
By dps1961 on 08/06/13 11:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't bought a new car since 1982 but after the repair bills on my last two BMW's, I decided to go this route. The BMW repair center I used was close to work so I parked it and walked past the KIA dealership to work. I kept looking at the Optima's as I walked by and thought they were beautiful sedans. After my last $850 repair bill I decided to give them a test drive. I didn't expect them to drive and ride as well as my 545i, and they didn't, but I was happily surprised at how well it did perform. I have been averaging over 35 mpg on the highway so I am very happy. I also enjoy the fact I can use regular gasoline instead of the premium that I had to use in my BMW.

2013 KIA Optima SX
By achero1 on 07/16/13 20:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared BMW 328, MB 300, Audi A4, and infiniti g37x to the KIA SX. Optima SX had more options and performance. The optima is a gorgeous car. the outside styling and paint finish is incredible. Interior materials are excellent quality. The navigation and radio respond very quickly. Front and rear seats are heated. I have had the car for a month, love how it drives and handles. The SX turbo flies with almost 274HP. this is my 3rd kia. They have been extremely dependable. There is nothing on the market that has the same value as a KIA. This is not the KIA of past. Toyota and Honda take note. I traded out of a m35x for the SX. The m35x was very expensive to maintain almost $12k a year.

Love my Optima
By snerenbaum on 07/16/13 13:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Honda Accord for a 2013 KIA Optima. I am extremely happy with everything about this car. There are so many bells and whistles. It's comfortable and the panoramic sunroof is great. My husband purchased this car for me and I love the Metal Copper color. It's fun to drive. KIA hit this one out of the ball park.

Better than expected...
By joseph70 on 07/14/13 20:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car delivers. Everything that it says it does...it does. The power is quick, responsive and really makes the car fun to drive. It handles with the precision of a European counterpart. I have been impressed with the features that are offered inside the cabin as well. I would have never pictured myself in a Korean car as I have been a Japanese owner all of my life. The quality and fit of the car have really sealed the deal for me. I am not sure if I could recommend a car more highly. Kia has been excellent with all the maintenance and follow up. It has been better than expected.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Optima Sedan in VA is:

$161 per month*