2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Love My 2013 Optima
By classy38 on 10/17/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I started off searching for a Mercedes and did not see one that had all of the features I wanted without breaking the bank. Then I spotted a gorgeous Infiniti that I liked very much but did not have all of the bell and whistles as the Kia Optima like rear seat warmers and the panoramic sunroof. Not to mention the Infiniti was at least 3 years older, with a partial warranty. After looking at the Optima there was no comparison to the amenities and the price was great compared to the type of vehicles that I was searching for. I was able to get everything I wanted in this vehicle without paying a fortune. This car is great it handles well, it looks good, and it looks better with tinted windows.

Super fun SXL sport sedan connects with road in comfort and style at reasonable price!
By robberoony on 10/15/13 22:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love under-rated cars, esp. ones that are transformed when you buy the top of the line model, and SX Limited sure fits this bill! 2l Turbo mill is potent, revs freely, and has a wide power band for it's size. Easily outperforms my 2011 Fusion V6. Handling is also great, very connected to the road, low body roll, wonderful automatic downshifts, quick response off-idle, and a blast to manually up or down shift at any time via the paddles. Comfort is outstanding too, I especially love the cooled seats and soft, high quality leather. Infinity audio + sub is superb! The electronics are also carefully thought out and nicely integrated - nav, phone, audio, voice control all intuitive.

Best bang for the buck, hands down
By jestmaty1 on 10/06/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

10 months and just shy of 9,000 miles and this car is getting better every day! Quick, stylish, and just plain fun to drive

Gas Milage
By larry134 on 09/23/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Kia should state true gas milage. They say 24 - 35. In reality it is more like 20-22 to 31-32.Stop lying KIA, you have a great car here except for your bloated MPG milage.

Great car...but mpg
By coliveri on 09/09/13 19:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think this car is great. Great handling, acceleration, love the interior and bluetooth, the exterior is sharp and aggressive. BUT the gas mileage is a turn off! Im averaging 26 mpg..on the high way! Ive tried everything. Tried cruse control, driving light footed and watching the instant mpg monitor....all of that with eco mode and still nothing!!! Its becoming very frustrating because first of all this is a 4 cylinder! My old lincoln ls (v8) could get that kind of mileage. Thank god Im leasing this car. Kia stop lying about you're mpg.

Steering and Milage are Horrible
By whd13b on 09/07/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I must start with, the car looks beautiful. Remington Red is a real show stopper. Seats are super comfortable and interior spacious. Needs more storage compartments. Gas wise, horrible. I'm averaging 23 mpg, and Eco changes nothing but the way it drives. Moving on to steering. Refuses to stay on center while driving. Pulls to the left, then when straightened out, goes to the right. Back and forth, but always over steers to the left when on a center plane surface. Very exhausting when driving on the straight run highways off highway, almost caused a few accidents veering into the opposite lane while taking my eyes off the road for a split second to turn AC on or equivalent. Bad!

good car great standard features
By dmc03 on 09/02/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like the car real well, runs great has plenty of power, smooth ride, comfortable seating. the only thing i am disappointed in is the gas mileage. The sticker rates it at 24 city 35 highway. I once checked it at about 19mpg everyday driving. On the highway going from birmingham to atlanta round trip I got about 30mpg. which is not too bad , but is about 5mpg below epa estimated mileage. So it seems that both the city and highway mileage falls about 5mpg short. Don't go by the estimated mpg on the odometer because it is not very accurate. It may say you are getting a few more miles per gallon than is true. I found when you check it at fill up with a calculater it is less.

Best value for sports sedan
By darfer19 on 08/29/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I spent months researching every car on the internet , taking test drives , checking out pricing ... and the Optima SXL was the absolute bext car I could find for me. It gave me exactly what I was looking for which was nice power, decent ga milage , attractive out side packaging, a lot of extra features, and an easy to use touch screen.. all for a low $30's. I drove a BMW 3 series, an Audi A4, a mazda 6, honda accord and none had a perfect blend like the Optima. The Mazda not enough HP , the Accord lacked styling in the back, the BMW nice but 40 plus grand with basic features, and the closest was the Audi which drove nice but the tech and styling also a bit dated. The Opimta SXL is great!!

warrenty issues
By ibergeron on 08/16/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the Kia Optima we purchased was our third, we had an Amanti, we purchased a Sorento for our son, and now we have an Optima. the car ran great but it blew the engine. the repairs approved was a re-manufactured engine. Every mechanic I have spoken to said that a new engine in a 1 1/2 year old car with 21,500 miles was the correct repair NOT a re-manufactured engine. If you want a vehicle that will be repaired properly, stay AWAY From KIA.

Surprising, Fun, and WOW on Economy
By dc4kids on 08/12/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I have owned the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid only a week and I LOVE IT! I have owned Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lincoln, Honda, Volkswagen, Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, Plymouth, and more and I would rate this vehicle as one of my all time favorites. I love the fact that I can drive the vehicle hundred plus miles and the gas gauge ticks off one notch equal to about 2 gallons of gas. The car is quiet, smooth, and well built. I also love the 5 years and 60,000 mile warranty. No worries for about 4-5 years. I figured out I am saving over $300 a month on gas from my Porsche Cayenne S I just replaced. I love that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Optima in VA is:

$161 per month*