2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
2013 KIA Optima SX after 12000 Miles
By achero1 on 01/12/14 11:02 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a follow up review on my KIA Optima SX after 12000 miles. I purchased my 2013 Optima SX in July of 2013 new after trading out of an Infiniti M35X. The Optima has been a great car. I still can't get over how great the car looks. I commute 80 miles a day round trip to work. After 6 months I have 12000 miles on my Optima. The only issue I have had is the gasket around the moon roof which was replaced by the dealer. I have been averaging with the turbo and running high test (my choice,) on the average 25 miles per-gallon. That is apox. 425 miles on a tank of gas.Living in NH and commuting to Mass the Optima is pretty decent in the snow. Great car all around.

Super fun SXL sport sedan connects with road in comfort and style at reasonable price!
By robberoony on 10/15/13 22:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love under-rated cars, esp. ones that are transformed when you buy the top of the line model, and SX Limited sure fits this bill! 2l Turbo mill is potent, revs freely, and has a wide power band for it's size. Easily outperforms my 2011 Fusion V6. Handling is also great, very connected to the road, low body roll, wonderful automatic downshifts, quick response off-idle, and a blast to manually up or down shift at any time via the paddles. Comfort is outstanding too, I especially love the cooled seats and soft, high quality leather. Infinity audio + sub is superb! The electronics are also carefully thought out and nicely integrated - nav, phone, audio, voice control all intuitive.

Best bang for the buck, hands down
By jestmaty1 on 10/06/13 12:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

10 months and just shy of 9,000 miles and this car is getting better every day! Quick, stylish, and just plain fun to drive

Steering and Milage are Horrible
By whd13b on 09/07/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I must start with, the car looks beautiful. Remington Red is a real show stopper. Seats are super comfortable and interior spacious. Needs more storage compartments. Gas wise, horrible. I'm averaging 23 mpg, and Eco changes nothing but the way it drives. Moving on to steering. Refuses to stay on center while driving. Pulls to the left, then when straightened out, goes to the right. Back and forth, but always over steers to the left when on a center plane surface. Very exhausting when driving on the straight run highways off highway, almost caused a few accidents veering into the opposite lane while taking my eyes off the road for a split second to turn AC on or equivalent. Bad!

Best value for sports sedan
By darfer19 on 08/29/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I spent months researching every car on the internet , taking test drives , checking out pricing ... and the Optima SXL was the absolute bext car I could find for me. It gave me exactly what I was looking for which was nice power, decent ga milage , attractive out side packaging, a lot of extra features, and an easy to use touch screen.. all for a low $30's. I drove a BMW 3 series, an Audi A4, a mazda 6, honda accord and none had a perfect blend like the Optima. The Mazda not enough HP , the Accord lacked styling in the back, the BMW nice but 40 plus grand with basic features, and the closest was the Audi which drove nice but the tech and styling also a bit dated. The Opimta SXL is great!!

warrenty issues
By ibergeron on 08/16/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the Kia Optima we purchased was our third, we had an Amanti, we purchased a Sorento for our son, and now we have an Optima. the car ran great but it blew the engine. the repairs approved was a re-manufactured engine. Every mechanic I have spoken to said that a new engine in a 1 1/2 year old car with 21,500 miles was the correct repair NOT a re-manufactured engine. If you want a vehicle that will be repaired properly, stay AWAY From KIA.

2013 KIA Optima SX
By achero1 on 07/16/13 20:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared BMW 328, MB 300, Audi A4, and infiniti g37x to the KIA SX. Optima SX had more options and performance. The optima is a gorgeous car. the outside styling and paint finish is incredible. Interior materials are excellent quality. The navigation and radio respond very quickly. Front and rear seats are heated. I have had the car for a month, love how it drives and handles. The SX turbo flies with almost 274HP. this is my 3rd kia. They have been extremely dependable. There is nothing on the market that has the same value as a KIA. This is not the KIA of past. Toyota and Honda take note. I traded out of a m35x for the SX. The m35x was very expensive to maintain almost $12k a year.

Refined Luxury with a sporty overtone
By boesman1 on 07/07/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming out of a 2007 Mazda CX7 GT, I was leaning hard towards a 2014 Mazda6. In my due diligence, I looked at the 2013 Optima which really caught my eye with its beauty. After test driving the SXL w/turbo there was no comparison. With 3k in incentives it was comparable to the Mazda, yet blew it away in creature comforts and luxury. I've had the car for about a week and have no regrets. Having had BMW's, Infinity's and a corvette I can honestly say this car is the nicest I ever owned. Performance is nothing less than amazing with the smoothest power-band I've ever experienced, especially considering the turbo. Comfort and value are second to none. Fun factor remains to be seen as I adjust.

5000 miles in 15 days, love it!
By bikephil on 05/15/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my 2011 Optima SX with 20k miles on it on April 29. Today (May 16) I have 24,500 miles. MPG has not been below 32 for any of my trips, and has been as high as 35 even though I average 70-75 MPH (always use cruise, never use ECO button). Quiet, comfortable, stylish. Cooled seats are terrific. Nice radio. Roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me.

Nice Car
By webelnv on 04/26/13 12:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the SXL. It looks great and drives nice. It does have a few blind spot you need to get use to. We've had the car for 3 months now and are fuel mileage for street and highway has been about 21-22 mpg. We haven't taken it on a road trip yet. The only thing I didn't like about the SXL is you can only get white or black interior. In the northwest I really don't like black interior so we went with white. It would have been nice if you could get tan or a grey interior in the SXL. We have had some problems with the nav. system not working. Have had to turn car off and restart it to get it to work.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Optima Sedan in VA is:

$160 per month*