Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

KIA Voids the Warrnaty where ever possible
By Liz Walsh

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a brand new 2013 KIA and the engine failed with just 43k miles Trust me KIA goes out of their way to not honor the warranty Plus their service departments are so understaffed that it took weeks just for them to decide not to honor their warranty they wanted 7k for a new engine and said it would take 5 weeks to fix What a complete joke We called every KIA dealer in the DFW area and the one we took it too in Lewisville was the only one who said they could look at it in a week. And this was before they knew it was an engine problem. Why should a customer have to wait that long just to find out what's wrong with the car? What is the average customer supposed to do when they don't have enough staff to fix their vehicles? Took the car to a local person who will fix the car for 3.2k and have it done in a week. I will never buy a KIA again research carefully their engines fail often and they will find someway to void the warranty. Also they charged $118.00 just to tell us they wouldn't fix the car They have a "goodwill" program that the mechanic said had never once been accepted by KIA

WAY impressed with this car!
By c1carroll

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'. Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW! Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles. Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw. Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here. Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet. My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it

Favorite features: 1) heated wheel 2) heated and cooled seats (oh yeah!) 3) Infinity sound system (love those sub-woofers) 4) great MPG! 5) quiet cabin..no outside noise etc...etc...etc!

Raise the passenger seat a little (really....that's it!)

Engine Problem
By sms3613

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Navigation, Sunroof, Seats, Trunk space

Better quality control and better parts.

Fantastic Sedan
By golleye

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove this car, a scion TC, and a Honda accord and the Optima was, in my opinion, the best of the three. With the features offered and the low price tag this car blew me away. I've had the car for 7 months now and have put 11,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have seen the other people saying that they do not get good gas mileage but on the country roads I get about 30mpg and in the city I still get a good 27mpg on the highway I usually average 35mpg. I have had no problems with the car and I definitely recommend it to someone looking for an amazing and gorgeous looking sedan with a low price tag.

POOR GAS MILEAGE
By sedum

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the best gas mileage I get is 18 city and 27 on a trip. the company and the dealer (courtesy kia Altoona pa) will do nothing. I would never buy another kia.