Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Awesome Car!
By me me

Good in every way.

Not Impressed with the Optima or KIA
By Kris Parsons

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 brand new KIA Optima LX (4cyl) at Cobb County KIA in Kennesaw, GA. I came into the dealership with my own financing. The salesman suggested that I should give their credit manager an opportunity to see if he could beat my current financing rate. I acquiesced and later regretted that decision. THREE hours later and after almost walking away from the deal, we finally got the paperwork signed. Apparently Cobb County KIA uses their credit manager to try and re-negotiate the deal. Extremely frustrated with how they do business. About a year later, I'm driving down the highway when I realize I have a flat tire. No big deal...have had to deal with this several times in my life. So I pull over to the shoulder, get out, open the trunk and pull up the trunk mat to find....NOTHING...where the spare should be is a little box containing a small air compressor and a can of "Fix-a-Flat". [non-permissible content removed]?? So I call the dealer thinking that surely there's some mistake...but no, the service manager tells me that KIA doesn't put spare tires in the Optima LX. But they do give you a little air compressor and Fix a flat. Now I'm pissed...I never even thought to check and see if the car had a spare when I was buying the damn thing. Logical assumption, right? Managed to get my car over to Discount Tire where they hooked me up in replacing my tire, and gave me a great deal on a cheap rim and used tire to keep in my car as an actual spare. Take notes KIA...actual customer service. Which is why I will always go back to Discount Tire but I will never buy another KIA product. Engine light comes on yesterday. Take the Optima by an AutoZone so they could check the code. Guy tells me it's a fuel sensor code and that KIA hasn't released parts to the parts stores so I'd have to take the car to the dealer for service. Got an appointment this morning with the Cobb County KIA dealership. They take it back and after about an hour and half they call me up to tell me that the bad fuel sensor was included as part of a recall and therefore there would be no charge. Great...finally some good news. We'll drive it around front for you. While I'm waiting, he comes back and says the engine light came on again...we need to check it out. After another hour of waiting, he comes out to tell me that another fuel sensor/GDI pump is bad...but this time it's not covered by a recall or warranty (keep in mind I have 79k miles on the car and is still under the 100k warranty). $1,067!!!! Unbelievable. I express my frustration to him...less than 3 yr old car still under 'warranty' and I'm already paying over a $1,000 for repairs. Keeping in mind I can't go anywhere else since KIA has a stranglehold on their parts. This is the final straw for me. I will never own another KIA product and I will tell everyone I know not to purchase one either.

Fabulous car for money!!
By Roger

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car Dec of 2012. Got the LX with convenience package. Out the door with remote start (added non OEM) for $19800. Very comfortable and drive it whenever I can (its the wife's car). Now it currently has 60k miles on it. Only stuff that has needed done so far is new tires at 53k and front brakes during the 60K mile maintenance service. OEM tires weren't great (horrible on snow) but the new tires have made the car even quieter and perform great on snow. Bottom line is for a brand new car with all the standard equipment it can't be beat.

Bought used worth every dime
By Bill

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My cousin began selling KIA autos , we needed a vehicle so I called him. I'm so glad I did we bought a 2013 optima . In the past we've owned Mercedes E series and BMW 5 and 7 series. The Optima is better equipped as comfortable and don't take
My word for it the KIA brand has one of the highest quality ratings across the entire model line of most high production vehicles.
The optima is my wife's car I'm on the lookout for a used K900🇱🇷

2013 Kia Optima EX - Purchased with 16k miles
By Chuck Hotaling

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent value and good fuel economy. Acceleration is strong for a 4 cyl vehicle. Handles good, although power steering at times feels weak. We got our care for $16,500 on Dec 2015 with 16k miles. Purple/redish color with tan leather seats.