Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

WAY impressed with this car!
By c1carroll

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'. Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW! Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles. Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw. Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here. Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet. My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it

Favorite Features

Favorite features: 1) heated wheel 2) heated and cooled seats (oh yeah!) 3) Infinity sound system (love those sub-woofers) 4) great MPG! 5) quiet cabin..no outside noise etc...etc...etc!

Suggested Improvements

Raise the passenger seat a little (really....that's it!)

Engine Problem
By sms3613

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Sunroof, Seats, Trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control and better parts.

Fantastic Sedan
By golleye

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove this car, a scion TC, and a Honda accord and the Optima was, in my opinion, the best of the three. With the features offered and the low price tag this car blew me away. I've had the car for 7 months now and have put 11,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have seen the other people saying that they do not get good gas mileage but on the country roads I get about 30mpg and in the city I still get a good 27mpg on the highway I usually average 35mpg. I have had no problems with the car and I definitely recommend it to someone looking for an amazing and gorgeous looking sedan with a low price tag.

POOR GAS MILEAGE
By sedum

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the best gas mileage I get is 18 city and 27 on a trip. the company and the dealer (courtesy kia Altoona pa) will do nothing. I would never buy another kia.

2013 KIA Optima SX after 12000 Miles
By achero1

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a follow up review on my KIA Optima SX after 12000 miles. I purchased my 2013 Optima SX in July of 2013 new after trading out of an Infiniti M35X. The Optima has been a great car. I still can't get over how great the car looks. I commute 80 miles a day round trip to work. After 6 months I have 12000 miles on my Optima. The only issue I have had is the gasket around the moon roof which was replaced by the dealer. I have been averaging with the turbo and running high test (my choice,) on the average 25 miles per-gallon. That is apox. 425 miles on a tank of gas.Living in NH and commuting to Mass the Optima is pretty decent in the snow. Great car all around.

Favorite Features

favorite features are: 4 heated seats, infiniti stereo, 18 inch low profile tires, vented front seats, fit and finish both interior and exterior, UVO system, 2.0 Liter turbo, memory seats, great warranty. KIA has provided great service especially from the dealership (TEAM KIA in Concord NH-Alan and Jonathan are exceptional)

Suggested Improvements

I don't understand why KIA hasn't made the passenger seat height adjustable. Passengers complain the seats sits on the low side. Even on the new cadenza the passenger seat has no adjustments for the height. Rear center seat I would like to have a headrest. Not just KIA but many car companies are no longer putting spare tires in there cars. It's an option.