Used 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Most Helpful|
Way More than what I expected
By 1powerfullady

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I absolutely love car. I must say that this was more than what I bargained for. I do a happy dance every time I get in my baby!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the interior, the sound system, the computer guiding me to charge my battery. The car looks as good as a Benz or a BMW! This is my second Kia!

Suggested Improvements

I really don't have any complaints!

Surprising, Fun, and WOW on Economy
By dc4kids

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I have owned the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid only a week and I LOVE IT! I have owned Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac, Infiniti, Lincoln, Honda, Volkswagen, Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, Dodge, Plymouth, and more and I would rate this vehicle as one of my all time favorites. I love the fact that I can drive the vehicle hundred plus miles and the gas gauge ticks off one notch equal to about 2 gallons of gas. The car is quiet, smooth, and well built. I also love the 5 years and 60,000 mile warranty. No worries for about 4-5 years. I figured out I am saving over $300 a month on gas from my Porsche Cayenne S I just replaced. I love that.

Favorite Features

Quiet Engine, Guages, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Styling, Seats, Gas Economy, Extended Warranty, Value!

Suggested Improvements

None

False MPG, but lovely car
By optimahybrid

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid is pretty to look at! It is also comfortable to drive and has good pick up. BUT...the fuel economy under real world driving conditions is substantially lower than the estimated 36/38/40. We drive 85-90% hwy miles and our mpg is a pathetic 33 mpg. We've driven 10,000 + miles and have calculated the mpg each time. Worse, the fuel gauge onboard display overstates the mpg by 4-5 mpg. It is easy to be lulled into thinking the mpg is decent, but when calculated...it isn't.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive, beautiful exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Improve MPG or revise the stated fuel economy. The blind spots when changing lanes are pretty huge...it is dangerous.

Traded in Optima LX non-hybrid for this
By catrose

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We purchased this hybrid after trading in the Optima LX sedan, which we found inferior in carpeting (it wore through on the driver's side within 2 months. This hybrid has far better suspension than the Optima LX of that year and there are many small build-ins that increase the comfort and reliability of the unit. We get an average of 38 mph in the city. Rarely drive on the highway so can't give you the average.

Favorite Features

Reliable mileage, good suspension, carpet upgrade over non-hybrid models, flexible driver seat customization.