Used 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Kia Optima SXL 2.0 Turbo Blown Engine
By Colton Pack

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

At 80,00 miles I had to replace the engine. In total I spent $5,500 for the engine replacement at the Kia Dealership. They said the cause of it was "metal to metal rod bearings". According to kia I was to blame for not using a KIA GENUINE oil filter. Because I did not use their oil filter somehow metal got in my oil and ruined the engine. Thats a bunch of BS. I read multiple peoples accounts of the same experience with their KIA optima. I saw on the news where Hyundai recalled the same engine this car has. Clearly they need to investigate the optima engine as well. KIA doesn't care about their customers.

Traded in Optima LX non-hybrid for this
By catrose

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

We purchased this hybrid after trading in the Optima LX sedan, which we found inferior in carpeting (it wore through on the driver's side within 2 months. This hybrid has far better suspension than the Optima LX of that year and there are many small build-ins that increase the comfort and reliability of the unit. We get an average of 38 mph in the city. Rarely drive on the highway so can't give you the average.

Reliable mileage, good suspension, carpet upgrade over non-hybrid models, flexible driver seat customization.

Excellent car, comfortable and quiet
By happykiadriv1

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Driven more than 30,000 miles, excellent car with no problems. Variable mpg depending on the weather...goes way down in the winter. Comfortable ride, quiet on the highway. Lots of standard features that make the car an excellent value.

Comfort. Reliability.

Blind spots are substantial.

Way More than what I expected
By 1powerfullady

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I absolutely love car. I must say that this was more than what I bargained for. I do a happy dance every time I get in my baby!

My favorite features are the interior, the sound system, the computer guiding me to charge my battery. The car looks as good as a Benz or a BMW! This is my second Kia!

I really don't have any complaints!

False MPG, but lovely car
By optimahybrid

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid is pretty to look at! It is also comfortable to drive and has good pick up. BUT...the fuel economy under real world driving conditions is substantially lower than the estimated 36/38/40. We drive 85-90% hwy miles and our mpg is a pathetic 33 mpg. We've driven 10,000 + miles and have calculated the mpg each time. Worse, the fuel gauge onboard display overstates the mpg by 4-5 mpg. It is easy to be lulled into thinking the mpg is decent, but when calculated...it isn't.

Comfortable to drive, beautiful exterior.

Improve MPG or revise the stated fuel economy. The blind spots when changing lanes are pretty huge...it is dangerous.

• SUV