2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Excellent car, comfortable and quiet
By happykiadriv1 on 09/25/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Driven more than 30,000 miles, excellent car with no problems. Variable mpg depending on the weather...goes way down in the winter. Comfortable ride, quiet on the highway. Lots of standard features that make the car an excellent value.

WAY impressed with this car!
By c1carroll on 08/17/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'. Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW! Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles. Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw. Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here. Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet. My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it

Engine Problem
By sms3613 on 03/25/14 06:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Fantastic Sedan
By golleye on 02/06/14 11:20 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove this car, a scion TC, and a Honda accord and the Optima was, in my opinion, the best of the three. With the features offered and the low price tag this car blew me away. I've had the car for 7 months now and have put 11,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have seen the other people saying that they do not get good gas mileage but on the country roads I get about 30mpg and in the city I still get a good 27mpg on the highway I usually average 35mpg. I have had no problems with the car and I definitely recommend it to someone looking for an amazing and gorgeous looking sedan with a low price tag.

POOR GAS MILEAGE
By sedum on 01/15/14 07:05 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the best gas mileage I get is 18 city and 27 on a trip. the company and the dealer (courtesy kia Altoona pa) will do nothing. I would never buy another kia.

2013 KIA Optima SX after 12000 Miles
By achero1 on 01/12/14 11:02 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a follow up review on my KIA Optima SX after 12000 miles. I purchased my 2013 Optima SX in July of 2013 new after trading out of an Infiniti M35X. The Optima has been a great car. I still can't get over how great the car looks. I commute 80 miles a day round trip to work. After 6 months I have 12000 miles on my Optima. The only issue I have had is the gasket around the moon roof which was replaced by the dealer. I have been averaging with the turbo and running high test (my choice,) on the average 25 miles per-gallon. That is apox. 425 miles on a tank of gas.Living in NH and commuting to Mass the Optima is pretty decent in the snow. Great car all around.

Way More than what I expected
By 1powerfullady on 01/01/14 17:07 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I absolutely love car. I must say that this was more than what I bargained for. I do a happy dance every time I get in my baby!

False MPG, but lovely car
By optimahybrid on 12/05/13 16:00 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid is pretty to look at! It is also comfortable to drive and has good pick up. BUT...the fuel economy under real world driving conditions is substantially lower than the estimated 36/38/40. We drive 85-90% hwy miles and our mpg is a pathetic 33 mpg. We've driven 10,000 + miles and have calculated the mpg each time. Worse, the fuel gauge onboard display overstates the mpg by 4-5 mpg. It is easy to be lulled into thinking the mpg is decent, but when calculated...it isn't.

Who'd have thought???
By longbeachjim on 11/27/13 17:35 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm almost 50 and have owned many cars...Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Acura, and am probably a bit of a car snob. I never would have thought I'd own a Kia, but had long been drawn to the exterior design for the fact that there's nothing else on the road that looks like it. So, I went to the dealer for a closer look. Wow! Interior design is outstanding! Quality is amazing, and more features than my loaded Acura TL had! I'm seriously in love with this car... Beautiful, stylish, excellent fit and finish. The steering is a little touchy, and took me a bit to get used to. Otherwise, there's not a vehicle out there that delivers more bang for the buck than this bad boy.

nice
By bhooks on 11/14/13 19:36 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Best investment I have4 made in a long time.