WOW!! It is a KIA!!!!
By mrvega on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Purchased my 2012 SX 3 weeks ago and I am truly amazed. It doesn't feel or look like a KIA. The ride is very smooth yet sporty. Quieter and more stable at speed than my mother's 2009 Camry SE V6 even though the SE V6 feels like it accelerates quicker yet handles and feels better than the Camry. The style is elegant yet sporty (Many people compliment the exterior and interior). Even though it is a 4 cylinder, because of the turbo, it doesnt feel sluggish especially at slower speeds. Gas mileage could be better. It is returning 18-19 City hwy around 28 The style in my opinion looks much better than the Mazda 6, New Camry, Sonata, Accord, Malibu, and more expensive cars.
Favorite Features
LED lights in back (super bright wows people), TURBO (almost no lag), Paranomic Sunroof (wide sunroof), Backup Camera.. OVERALL STYLE and VALUE... The wheels on the SX Premium Touring package look phenomenal.
Suggested Improvements
Add standard blind side detection and back up sensors, give it more low end acceleration. Offer quieter yet better performing tires. Satellite loses signal when I drive under bridges or put gas, where my Camaro SS wouldnt lose signal. My SX steering could be lighter at slower speeds. Even though Infiniti sounds clear and really good, it could use a bit more power (louder). Fog lights could be HID instead of Halogen to improve style. Kia needs to improve their other cars aswell. Kia should offer a new suv based on The coming soon Santa Fe, and hurry and bring Korea's K7.. Hopefully RESALE Values improve.. GO KIA !! (something I wouldnt say a year ago)
By mrvega
on 04/25/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

A negative I found and found out I wasnt the only one with the same issue.. The Satellite Radio loses signal everytime I pass under a bridge or put gas. I had a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro and never had that problem with the Satellite Radio. Kia should look into this.