Unquestionably in love with this car!
By poolgirl78 on
2012 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
After months of research, and driving my friends and family crazy with car talk, I decided to buy the 2012 Kia Optima EX-Turbo in Snow White Pearl with the Premium package. I've owned this car for 4 months now and taken it on a couple long distance trips; overall I am EXTREMELY happy with my purchase.
Favorite Features
Performance : I have a lead foot and this car certainly does not disappoint! The power you need and expect are at your disposal off the line and when you need a little extra when you're already cruising. MPG : Ok so it definitely doesn't get what Kia advertises. However, on my long distance trips, with the car on cruise at 8 miles over any posted speed limit, I'm getting 31.6 MPG. City driving I'm averaging 29.6 MP Comfort & handling : I am a smaller person (5'3") so the "lack of head room" doesn't effect me. The car feels sturdy on the road, responds quickly to any steering adjustments, and is comfortable. Other good traits : canted dash, back up camera, and panoramic sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
UVO : You cannot use the text to voice feature on any cell phone that I've researched so far. This really is a huge disappointment considering how technologically advanced and dependent we are. Steering wheel mounted controls : I wish there were more of them! Radio controls : The only way to access your pre-programmed stations is through the touch screen or using the steering wheel controls. Either way it's a much more time consuming process than I would like. Numbered hard buttons or a better layout on the screen would make channel jumping much easier.