Short-Term Review (5k Miles) SX Premium Touring
By cura04 on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Currently owned for 3 months (my last car was an Acura TSX). I researched like hell because I never thought that I would purchase a KIA in the near-future. Overall, I am in love with the vehicle. I mainly purchased the vehicle because of the appeal, features, performance/fuel efficiency, and size (in order of whats important to me). I like to point out the price point- Retail $30,395. No car in the mid-size region offers every option as the optima SX for that price. Of course, pending where you live, incentives and supply/demand will dictate the final price. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I feel like a million bucks (as I drive down the street knowing what I actually paid for it)
Favorite Features
Panoramic Moonroof w/ Power Shades HID Headlights Lights/LED Tail Lights. Microsoft UVO (Talk to the car) Heated/Ventilated Front Seats Heated Rear Seats Keyless Entry/Push Button Start Power-folding mirrors Gorgeous exterior (touring wheels)
Suggested Improvements
I understand the car was a large transformation...but for the higher level trims...such as the SX... I would make the steering wheel controls less plastic and more refined (since that where the drivers hands will always be). Also, the pockets behind the front seats, add real leather pockets, it almost ruins the whole look as the passenger sits in the back seat. But then again, other famous makes have lacked in this department as well. Lastly, if I want to be very picky... (this is my 1st automatic 6-speed vehicle), but when the vehicle is in "ECO" mode...the vehicle seems to shift more than it should. However, I do achieve a combined MPG of 24 in a hilly suburban environment.
By cornerstrike
on 06/07/12 14:03 PM (PDT)

Hey cura04, Yeah. When you have the car on Ecomode, in does shift through its gears quicker, in order to save you about 1 mpg more in fuel. Just an FYI from a Kia salesrep. Glad you're enjoying your car :)