A very nice driving experience!
By garlin1 on
2012 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I would like to reply to all those customers who are complaining about the Fuel economy of the Optima. I just bought a new 2013 Optima LX and after reading your peeves about MPG I am flummoxed as to whether or not we are driving the same model. First off, I am approaching 7000 miles and I have averaged 30 MPG. No, I do not only drive on a traffic free highway, for I happen to live in California. Also, if you have the LX or EX model in a 2.4 Litre and you complain about getting under 20 MPG there is something specifically wrong with your driving style and habits. Fuel economy relies where and how you drive. What matters is how smoothly and how often you depress the accelerator.
Favorite Features
The body design, dashboard, electronic displays, and the headroom.
By muntar
on 03/14/13 09:42 AM (PDT)

I purchased a 2103 Kia Optima in August and have yet to reach 30 MPG. I have been tracking my MPG by saving all my gas receipts and I am typically averaging around 17 MPG. It's ridiculous. I have brought the car into the dealership to complain and they told me to switch gas stations, then they told me to purchase a higher grade gasoline, then they said I hadn't reached my "break-in" period yet. I didn't expect to get the highest rating for MPG as I live in a cold weather climate and make alot of short trips with my car. But I certainly expected it get better gas mileage than my Pontiac Montana minivan! I purchased this vehicle because I was certain I would save money on gas. That is NOT the case! I have even contacted Kia directly and they told me to have the dealership do a fuel consumption test. I plan to do this very soon.