Not all That....
By torch1342 on
2012 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Seriously, you all need to get over yourselves with this car. The interior is cramped and the interior is one giant piece of hard plastic. The headroom up front is not good if your over 6ft. The 2.4l engine makes a loud buzzing noise when you hit the gas. Overall I am pretty dissapointed with my purchase. If you read the reviews you would think that the Optima is a Mercedes, well sir it is not....
By arubin
on 05/15/12 20:02 PM (PDT)

I have 4000 miles on my 2012 optima ex turbo, and the more I drive it the more i love the car.The 2.4 ex I tested before I decided on the turbo 2.0 was not the same feel as the turbo ex.We had a Mercedes 300 in the family in 2010, for the money and the expensive up keep a car like the optima is a far better value.Its too bad your not happy with your purchase, however all the great reviews your have read are really happy with there kia optima and seriously you can't take that feeling away from us.

By titan415
on 05/15/12 18:22 PM (PDT)

You're absolutely right that the Optima isn't a Mercedes. Although it does offer a lot for the money, and it's a great value, you still get, more or less, what you pay for. I've driven Mercedes', BMWs, and Jaguars, and they're all good. But this car met my needs, and I chose the money over the performance and the finer points of the driving experience. But I have to ask, didn't you drive the car before you bought it? What, during the buying and test driving process, made you decide to buy the Optima?

By mrvega
on 05/20/12 13:17 PM (PDT)

Interior is not cramped at all. It is very spacious, great leg room and trunk. The headroom because of the style is not the best in class, especially when equipped with the sunroof. Torch, sorry you are disappointed for your purchase. Maybe if you would have shelled out a few more dollars per month you could have purchased a EX turbo or SX. The Kia is not a Mercedes, duhh. It does look as good as many Mercedes and Audi. Remember you get what you pay for. Compared to others in is class, it fares great.

By tf1978
on 05/25/12 11:31 AM (PDT)

Everybody is titled to their own opinion, but your review does not make sense. I'm over 6' ft tall, have the panoramic sunroof and my head doesn't touch the ceiling. What car's interior isn't mostly comprised of plastic? At this price-point, any Accord, Camry, Passat, Altima, etc, is going to have some soft touch surfaces along with hard plastics that are usually nicely textured just like the Optima. I'm with "cski", I'm finding it hard to believe you own one. I have gotten more compliments on this car that on any prior car I owned. In my opinion, I'm not even impressed with Mercedes, so I guess you lost me on that one. Anyway, the car is great and offers things no other car in it's class can offer. Do better research next time!

By cski
on 05/22/12 05:02 AM (PDT)

You bought the Optima and then decided you don't like anything about the car? I am having trouble believing you purchased one.

By t1000
on 05/25/12 18:00 PM (PDT)

Why do you even bother buying the Optima if you don't like it this much? Have you test drove the car before you bought it? Have you thoroughly researched the car before the purchase? I find that most people research the car before their purchase. It's a Kia so when you purchased it, you know what to expect. It isn't a high class Mercedes, so don't expect maximum comfort and features. However, at the cost of what this car's worth, it comes with a lot of standard features similar to those of high end cars......at a significant lower price. I have an SX Optima turbo charged. It has great acceleration and a gas saver being direct injected and having a 4cyl motor. I'm quite pleased with the performance and the features is just an added plus to an already affordable car. You can surely appreciate that.

By tf1978
on 05/25/12 11:33 AM (PDT)

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but your review does not make sense. I'm over 6' ft tall, have the panoramic sunroof and my head doesn't touch the ceiling. What car's interior isn't mostly comprised of plastic? At this price-point, any Accord, Camry, Passat, Altima, etc, is going to have some soft touch surfaces along with hard plastics that are usually nicely textured just like the Optima. I'm with "cski", I'm finding it hard to believe that you own one. I have gotten more compliments on this car than on any prior car I've ever owned. I'm not even impressed with Mercedes, so I guess you lost me on that one. Anyway, the car is great and offers things no other car in it's class can offer. Do better research next time!