My Kia Stinks
By sylus on
2012 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
We bought a 2012 ex turbo in April 2012. from week one we could smell mold in the car. After typing in my kia smells into google it appears this is a know issue on models across the Kia range from 2011. Six months later we still can't get Kia to admit the mold problem and we are stuck with the car despite several attempts to recify it. Incredibly dissapointed in the car, getting mold into our lungs and Kia's response. No good having a warranty for 7 years if it's in the workshop all the time.
Favorite Features
Nice looking car and if you can keep it on the road then reasonable value for money
Suggested Improvements
The mold issue is related to the air conditioning allowing mold spores to grow and be passed into the car and peoples lungs, Similar to legionares disease. This should have been a recall and Kia aftercare should be more caring.
By upacrk1
on 12/31/13 04:30 AM (PST)

I am noticing some inside icing on the front windshield in cold weather for several minutes after starting. And, NO, I do not have the air recirculation on! I suspect there may be some inside water pooling going on which would lend credence to your mold issue.