Love Love Love
By uwololli on
2012 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I've had this car (used) for nearly 3 months and I'm having a love affair! I drive almost 70 miles round trip a day and I average 36-38 hwy mpg (32 mpg overall). Anyone who says they get lower milage needs to press their "Eco" button and set their cruise control. My neighbor bought an Accord about the same time and while he gets a few more mpg, no one turns their head when he pulls into the parking lot at work. Speaking of work, we get 4 adults into my Optima when we go to lunch and no one complains about room (also can't be said for his Accord).
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, Driver's cockpit, seats are comfortable (front and back), steering wheels controls (audio, cruise, eco, etc), exterior styling, interior comfort, mpg.
Suggested Improvements
Not a fan of buying a trim "upgrade" just to get things that could be included on the base model - ie. sunroof, UVO, auto-climate, heated seats/steering wheel, etc. Trim levels should offer a significant difference, but that is the case with all cars brands right now. I like that a lot of "features" from other brands are included on the base "LX".
By giantsfan58
on 02/03/13 18:09 PM (PST)

0.0% chance that this person gets this kind of gas mileage. I drove this car for 18,000 miles and had the "ECO" button pushed the whole time, but that made zero difference. The only way to get the mileage to increase at all is to drive slowly on the freeway with the cruise control on. If you do that you may get 27 MPG. If you do any city driving at all, you will be lucky to average 23 MPG.