KIA is the brand to watch!!!
By karkonnoisseur on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have 374 miles on my Spicy Red KIA Optima SX T-GDI with premium/technology packages. This car not only draws constant stares and looks of admiration but I had someone at the Gas station who was driving a brand new BMW Xdrive 3 series coupe tell me he had to look twice because he couldn't believe the car was a KIA. Segment leading performance, styling, and value! I've never felt so great about owning a new car. I traded in my 2009 Audi A5 for this car. I DO NOT regret it. I needed a sporty family car and KIA DID NOT disappoint!
Favorite Features
This car was designed by Peter Schreyer, the former head of Audi's design team. Peter took his entire team with him when he left Audi and after his non compete clause expired, he was able to take KIA into the realm of what I call "Eurospectacular." The only other man that has this stellar style is Ian Callum of Jaguar. This car has left me feeling like I bought a vehicle costing twice as much. Kudos KIA!!!
Suggested Improvements
Introduce the Dynamax all wheel drive system that is on the Sportage to the Optima. This would put it head to head with many of it's European rivals!!!!
By aspenman
on 12/27/11 19:44 PM (PST)

@ rico23 I just got the Optima SX T-GDI (2012) fully loaded (with the extended 7/yr warranty) and before taxes, etc. I paid $31,763 ($500 over invoice and I got them to give my the upgraded floor mats and dark window tint for free - or you could say I paid roughly $200 over invoice). I've only put a couple hundred miles on it so far and I LOVE IT!!! This was a replacement for a 2002 Audi A6 and other than lacking the all wheel drive, this car tops the Audi in every other aspect (handling might not be quite as good as the Audi, but it's close and this car has soooo many other cool features the Audi didn't have). Get this car, you won't be disappointed.

By rico23
on 12/24/11 08:48 AM (PST)

Hello, Im currently in the market for a Optima similar to yours, may i ask how much you ended up paying OTD for the car? I understand that taxes, tag and registration fees are different state to state but id like to have some type of frame of reference. Thanks in advance.

By karkonnoisseur
on 01/16/12 16:18 PM (PST)

@ rico23, I paid about $73 more than that.......well worth it, look at this before Audi

By lovemykia3
on 02/05/12 07:17 AM (PST)

I might be trading my infiniti for the Optima. I took the turbo out for a test drive. Holy smokes, the car can handle and brake with the best of them.. WHat a great car.. Not to crazy about the rims. They are flush with the outter edge of the tires whcih leads to a lot of scuffing... other than that what an incredible car...