Just OK
By soadokdls on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I really like the way the car looks and some of the great features you would never get with a similar car but there are definitely things that I am not impressed with. The UVO system they have works well intermittantly and they claim the issues I have with the phone is bc I'm using my iPhone cable instead of their $40 cable which is total BS. Also, I had a 2010 Toyota Camry V6 prior to this so the HP is the same, but since the Kia is a 4 cylinder the power just isn't as good. Oh, and my insurance also doubled!!!! My insurance company claims the Kia's ISO rating is 30 and my Camry, which was $2k more, was a 16. How is that freakin possible?? Has anyone else experienced that?
Favorite Features
Dual sunroof and cooled seats
Suggested Improvements
Make this car a 6 cylinder turbo and give it actual power. Also make it so the bluetooth will kick in automatically when the car turns on and make it faster. It takes a good 10 - 15 seconds for the phone to pair every time.
By gene86
on 07/26/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

I notice much better power if I have the ECO off and put the shift lever in manual.Big difference. I think the insurance might be based on your age and that it is listed as a sport coupe by some insurance company's. I'm 69 and my insurance went up $12.00 a month.Last month it dropped back $9.00. So I had an increase of #3.00. Not bad I thought

By cura04
on 08/20/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

If you want more power... as Gene86 stated: Turn OFF ECO mode. If you want to experience all 274hp/269 torque... turn off both ECO and Traction Control. However, keep in mind these tires aren't cheap because you'll burn them right off with the Traction Control Disabled. ECO mode causes lag because it's gearing changes to maximize fuel economy.