2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: it does'nt get much better

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Kia Optima Sedan

it does'nt get much better
By arubin on

2012 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have my Optima ex turbo for a week, I already have driven 425 miles, mixed city and highway.The car is solid, quiet and has a very nice combination of ride and handling.Very comfortable seats front and rear, great sound from the Infinity stereo, and very good controls.So far my gas mileage overall mix is 27,28 mpg.I can't say enough how much I love this car.The only negative is the choice of tires ,Nexens are very bad on wet roads.I hope Kia will realize a car as good a the Optima deserves better performing tires.

Favorite features are many.Design in and out.Ride and handling,stereo,little outside road noise,sunroof,even pretty good visibility.

Tires that perform better in wet road conditions for safety.Also headlights seem to cut off, not enough distant light coverage.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By pat139
on 01/10/12 12:29 PM (PST)

I test drove the Optima over the weekend and loved it. This will definitely be my next car. The salesperson did bring up the tires and said they were a bit noisy. I wonder of anyone has asked as part of the negotiations to have the tires swapped out?