Great 4 door sports car
By david_h on
2012 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I had 3 Land Rovers in a row and was tired of 12 - 14 mpg fuel economy in the city. This Kia Rocks on mileage, I average 22- 24 mpg in the city and 35 mpg or even higher on the highway. I live in Texas so it's very flat here and I'm sure that helps. At first I would do my own calculations for fuel economy bu ditched that after I realized dash computer was on the money. I have two children, both in car seats and there is plenty of room in the back seat for them. The doors open very wide so it's easy to get them in and out. I love all the features, the seats are comfortable, and the price is outstanding for all that you get. I got a loaded one for under $30k after lots of negotiation.
Favorite Features
I drove the BMW and Audi's and when you load those up with options to match what you get on the Optima, they were both in the mid $40k range or even higher. I actually ended up with more features on the Optima than either of those cars could provide, the back seat was roomier for both adults and kids, the doors opened wider and the performance was good enough for zipping around town. It will get up and go if you stick your foot in it. Great car, highly recommended.
Suggested Improvements
The only suggested improvement is a better stereo system. It's speaker system is descent but the head until lacks any high end sound codecs. You can't put in a DTS surround sound CD, DVD-Audio, or any other surround sound format, which would be great in that car. All the other high end cars provide that. That is the suggested improvement I could make.