2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: Disappointed

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Review

Disappointed
By swkia on

2012 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Poor gas mileage especially in the city. Under 16 mpg avg(mostly city) Never been gentler on a car(BORING) can't get it get anywhere near rated mileage. Dealer no help. Sirrus radio sounds awful when using Sirrus. I leased this vehicle expecting to save on fuel consumption. This low mileage is hitting hard at $4 a gallon. When researching I saw the low mileage warnings and bought into break in in period malarkey. Not true, got worse. If it weren't for the poor gas mileage. I would give it high ratings. I like most everything else.

Roomy, easy to drive, great lines. Big trunk. Nice ride. Great price for all the features. Many imports charge a lot for all the extra(should be standard) features. Good visibility.

Get a spare tire designed into this thing. This is a major safety risk. Cell phones don't work everywhere. Stiffen the sheet metal on the doors, every time the kids shut the door you can hear it warbling. Adjust the tranny so when you ease up on the gas it doesn't feel liked you tapped on the brakes, it needs to coast. Get your radio from another supplier I would never ever buy satellite radio if they all sounded that awful. Use a better quality of paint. It takes way to much work to bring the richness back out of the ebony paint. It looks dull if I don't Carnuba wax it once a month. Oh Yeah one more thing Fix the Mileage problems many people seem to be having. About half the cars out ther
By swkia
on 01/12/13 16:00 PM (PST)

This is a follow up to my post. We took the car in twice and they found nothing wrong and had us document mileage. We got 17.41 avg MPG after 4 tanks. The Kia dealership drove it 276miles, and got a CITY and HWY combined 36.2 MPG. That is more than the stated hwy of 35mpg. They say we are driving it all wrong. They must have the worlds best driver to beat the HWY mpg with their combined MPG. Oh yeah Kia called and said break in period could be as long as 10,000 miles, 27% of my lease mileage.