2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: A little disappointed

2012 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

A little disappointed
By pinkcar on

2012 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2012 Kia in Feb of this year. I was surprized I never had a follow up contact from the dealer - like "how are things". Have been, for the most part very happy with the Kia other than the wind shield wiper. Not enough power and have found my self twice in pooring rain, on a three lane highway at 70 mph and cannot see a thing. I have had 5 maybe 6 new cars -- I have never once in my driving life had to pull over because the wipers didn't keep up with the rain. I would let Kia know, but when I tried to locate how to contact customer service corporate-wise, found this is non-existant for the customer. Another example of how they are all over you during the sale and drop you after

I have had lots of complements on how great the car looks. 7 months after purchase and I am still impressed with how great the car looks.

wind shield wiper does not keep up - this is a safey problem. Whoever thought to put the garage door opener where it is -- really? Picture this -- it's dark and entering your driveway. There is one bright red button on the mirror - do you think this is the button to push to open the garage door -- no. It's the dark button on the end that a person can't see!! Good thinking.
By nccarowner
on 09/09/12 10:06 AM (PDT)

I agree totally about the windshield wiper speed and I asked the dealership how to increase the speed. They told me I needed to go to a customizing shop and have them insert a different companies wiper motor.

By gene86
on 07/31/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

Try rain-X the windshield wipers don't harly need to be used. Works great