2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: 6-months and counting...

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Kia Optima Sedan

6-months and counting...
By t1000 on

2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The build quality, I rated a 3.
Here's why:
the body material is quite flimsy.
Very light actually compared to previous cars I owned (Honda, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan).
As I wash my car, I can feel how easily the hood can collapse under your hands, the rear fenders are plastic like and feels like I can bend it all the way to the back.
However, it does have a 5-star crash safety rating.
Go figure....

The comfort, I will never give a 5-rating because I haven't found a seat that I like.

Overall, this car has excellent acceleration, very sporty looking, head turner, excellent warranty, high tech features and a lot of them for such a low price.

Well, the tech package is quite extensive and standard for this car for such a low, low price as compared to some of the high end cars like Mercedes, Audi, and BMW. This car is sexy. I've had so many compliments and people constantly turning their heads to see the car. I even had people roll down their windows to talk to me at a stop light for crying out loud. I'm starting to believe that this car may be a chick magnet.

Beef up the body, make the car stronger. I know the Optima is one of the safest car to drive, but I would still make it feel stronger. I really think that's about it. Oh, here's a big one: wind noise. At higher speeds even though the windows are all up, you can hear slight wind noise coming in. A lot of people have similar problems so hope they correct this in newer models. I'm ok with it since it doesn't bug me. It hasn't leaked yet and we've had some huge downpours already.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By upacrk1
on 12/31/13 06:16 AM (PST)

Right on with the build quality, the seats, the thin body panels and the wind noise. Add to that sub-par tires (16" Nexen) and a less than quality paint job.