2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: 3000 miles and running

2012 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

2012 Kia Optima

SX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

3000 miles and running
By mrvega on

2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3000 miles later and I am still impressed with my Optima sx turbo. Driving a bit faster than Highway speeds 80-90mph it feels very stable, relatively quiet, it feels like you are doing 20-25 mph slower. If you hit the gas from 75-100 it feels like its running out of steam.
Sound system- Very good (however streaming is poor)
Bluetooth-
Poor (my 2011 Camaro BT was thousand times better) This cuts out and I have to reconnect.
Sirius Satelite radio still stops working under bridges and gas station where my xm in my camaro never failed.
Suspension-Feels great, not floaty

It was a great purchase. I would like to see a future comparision with the 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 and the next Mazda 6

LED lights on the back are super bright (reminds me of a tanning booth) Exterior design is phenomenal. (I do double take when I walk away) Paranomic Sunroof gets people attention.

Fix streaming issue for bluetooth, make satellite antenna stronger and maybe switch to XM instead. HID lights could beam a bit father. Offer sportier seats on SX, with more lateral support (Hyundai Genesis Coupe seats would be awesome)..

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mrvega
on 07/05/12 13:18 PM (PDT)

I agree with everyone here that the passenger seat should be able to go up. I sat in the passenger seat and it did feel super low. I cant wait to change to quieter, more performance oriented tires. The tires that come with the car are noisy.