2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: 3 Weeks In and Loving It

2012 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

3 Weeks In and Loving It
By gscott04 on

2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted something different. Ever since i saw the new Optima on a dealership lot I was intrigued. Ultimately traded in an old Volvo wagon for a loaded up Optima SX Turbo. I am not disappointed. Really love the looks and all the technology and creature comforts. Can't think of too many things this car doesn't have and for the price it just delivers a boatload of value. You can nitpick if you want... I see others complain about road noise and less than optimum build quality but I don't have an issue. I love this car and would buy it again. I feel like I got an amazing car for the money.

All the tech. Love the ipod integration and satellite radio, power seats with lumbar support, great controls on the steering wheel. Loving the push button start and keyless entry. I got the little Kia light along the base of the door that welcomes you; I like the little welcome chime that sounds when you get in the car, welcoming year. Crazy that this is the nicest car I've ever owned and it's a Kia.

Seats are a little stiff, could be more comfortable, the visibility out of the back window isn't great due to the styling of the car, but the rear back-up camera is a great fix for this; I wouldn't one without that camera. Can't complain about much else, it's a really solid car.