2012 Kia Optima SX
By cdh906 on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have now had my SX for a little over a month, its a big step up from my '96 Camry. I wanted a fun, reliable car that was comfortable with luxury amenities that could handle my 90 mi round trip commute, yet was fun. I looked at Audi A3 (D), Ford Fusion, Focus, VW Golf (D) and decided the best bang for my buck was the Kia Optima. I got leather, fun, outstanding warranty, great design, all the fancy features I wanted, none of the add ons I didn't want. I paid $29,200 out the door for a white 2012 Kia Optima with Touring and Premium Package (no nav), I talked them down by using email, it helped a lot rather than on the phone or in person, allowed me time to choose words carefully.
Favorite Features
The leather is great for my dog, can't mess the seats up much. Sunroof=awesome! Heated and cooled seats. Memory seats, its amazing how many cars have power seats and no memory...
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth call clarity/volume control should be better, I usually have it all the way up, some people complain about my clarity on the other end. Trunk opening is limited, but that goes with the design of the car, I could see this being a future issue though when I have kids and need to put a stroller in. So far the car lacks a little bit of the mileage I wanted, I average around 28 mpg in ECO mode, better than my Camry, and I enjoy the drive, so I can't complain much!
By cdh906
on 10/28/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

Please see my updated review. I no longer recommend this vehicle.