2012 Kia Optima Consumer Review: 2012 Kia Optima SX

2012 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

2012 Kia Optima SX
By cdh906 on

2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had my SX for a little over a month, its a big step up from my '96 Camry. I wanted a fun, reliable car that was comfortable with luxury amenities that could handle my 90 mi round trip commute, yet was fun. I looked at Audi A3 (D), Ford Fusion, Focus, VW Golf (D) and decided the best bang for my buck was the Kia Optima. I got leather, fun, outstanding warranty, great design, all the fancy features I wanted, none of the add ons I didn't want. I paid $29,200 out the door for a white 2012 Kia Optima with Touring and Premium Package (no nav), I talked them down by using email, it helped a lot rather than on the phone or in person, allowed me time to choose words carefully.

The leather is great for my dog, can't mess the seats up much. Sunroof=awesome! Heated and cooled seats. Memory seats, its amazing how many cars have power seats and no memory...

Bluetooth call clarity/volume control should be better, I usually have it all the way up, some people complain about my clarity on the other end. Trunk opening is limited, but that goes with the design of the car, I could see this being a future issue though when I have kids and need to put a stroller in. So far the car lacks a little bit of the mileage I wanted, I average around 28 mpg in ECO mode, better than my Camry, and I enjoy the drive, so I can't complain much!
By cdh906
on 10/28/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

Please see my updated review. I no longer recommend this vehicle.