2012 Kia Optima Sedan 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
A very nice driving experience!
By garlin1 on 03/05/13 19:07 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I would like to reply to all those customers who are complaining about the Fuel economy of the Optima. I just bought a new 2013 Optima LX and after reading your peeves about MPG I am flummoxed as to whether or not we are driving the same model. First off, I am approaching 7000 miles and I have averaged 30 MPG. No, I do not only drive on a traffic free highway, for I happen to live in California. Also, if you have the LX or EX model in a 2.4 Litre and you complain about getting under 20 MPG there is something specifically wrong with your driving style and habits. Fuel economy relies where and how you drive. What matters is how smoothly and how often you depress the accelerator.

First LX Manual Review
By trusko on 07/03/12 23:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I owned 1997 Acura Integra GS-R for 13 years and it was time to say good buy. With 3 kids and two of them playing hockey I was looking for a car that I can drive to work on daily basis and it can still fit two hockey bags. Optima handling is quite impressive, engine is very responsive. I like driving manual transmission and was quite impressed with Optima's responsiveness. I had to go with LX base since this was the only model that comes with manual. However, car is already loaded with all options I really wanted so no big deal. Gas mileage is pretty good - I am averaging 8.5L/100KM (mixed 50% highway), gets better on highway I could easily get 7L/100km.