Used 2012 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Never buy a Kia...Worst decision ever
By Michelle

2012 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Kia Optima sucks!! At 55,000 miles engine seized and we were forced to replace it even though there was a warranty but Kia ALWAYS finds a way out of paying as can be seen by the reviews. Now at 90,000 miles car transmission or Turbo is going out so car is now going back into shop. Two weeks ago wire harness broke some how and severe several wires causing the brake system to go out! And if you call a Kia dealer all they will tell you is how great the Optima's are and why they would own them.... I offered to sell him mine on the spot, even told him that since his mechanic replaced motor that car should be perfect right??? There needs to be a mandatory recall o these cars immediately before someone is killed!!!! I want mine gone already!!!

Bad experience
By Luis

2012 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compre un kia optima 2012 con 18000 millas, el peor carro que he comprado, se me prendía el check engine y el turbo dejaba de jalar. lo lleve al dealer y me dijeron que era la bomba de gasolina. 910 dlls. A los 3 días comenzó a fallar otra vez de lo mismo. Lo tenía que prender apagar y volver a prender para que probablemente trabaje el turbo. Todavía debía 4 años de 340 dlls por mes. Finalmente un día no me prendió el check engine y aproveche para ir a la ford para cambiarlo por una Ford edge. No vuelvo a cometer el error de comprar un kia.

Great deal and ride!
By Don Heisler

2012 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got mine way below book and it was one time lease owner so it was taken care of. If you find one treated write it should last. In all makes of vehicles there are bad apples so get an extended warranty because any used car will have parts that fail. Mechanic friends said that kia has come along way and I couldn't be happier. Great sporty luxury car for low price.

Terrible - Upset
By Brandon

2012 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Optima SX in October of 2014 with 42,000 miles. Now...November of 2015, I hit 63,000 miles and the engine just blew on the expressway. No Kia warranty as it expired, relying on a 3rd party warranty group. I provided the warranty company with all my service, oil change and maint records. It's taking a while to get updates. Future Kia buyers, ensure you do ample research and read owner reviews. I will never buy Kia again due to the fact that my model was very well maintained with Kia service dept and general car owner maintenance duties. I have friends who own Kia model between 2012-2014 and they to have had engine blew... One model Being Kia Soul. Very disappointed.

Love my optima
By Patricia

2012 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car 2012, new. Drives nice, good mpg, a little noisy, trouble shutting trunk. Drivers seat starting to feel springs 4 yrs out. Maintenance, knowing your manual is key to keeping engine &transmission in good shape. 74000 miles to date..no repairs, just maintenance.