Used 2012 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Bad experience
By Luis

2012 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compre un kia optima 2012 con 18000 millas, el peor carro que he comprado, se me prendía el check engine y el turbo dejaba de jalar. lo lleve al dealer y me dijeron que era la bomba de gasolina. 910 dlls. A los 3 días comenzó a fallar otra vez de lo mismo. Lo tenía que prender apagar y volver a prender para que probablemente trabaje el turbo. Todavía debía 4 años de 340 dlls por mes. Finalmente un día no me prendió el check engine y aproveche para ir a la ford para cambiarlo por una Ford edge. No vuelvo a cometer el error de comprar un kia.

Great deal and ride!
By Don Heisler

2012 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got mine way below book and it was one time lease owner so it was taken care of. If you find one treated write it should last. In all makes of vehicles there are bad apples so get an extended warranty because any used car will have parts that fail. Mechanic friends said that kia has come along way and I couldn't be happier. Great sporty luxury car for low price.

Terrible - Upset
By Brandon

2012 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Optima SX in October of 2014 with 42,000 miles. Now...November of 2015, I hit 63,000 miles and the engine just blew on the expressway. No Kia warranty as it expired, relying on a 3rd party warranty group. I provided the warranty company with all my service, oil change and maint records. It's taking a while to get updates. Future Kia buyers, ensure you do ample research and read owner reviews. I will never buy Kia again due to the fact that my model was very well maintained with Kia service dept and general car owner maintenance duties. I have friends who own Kia model between 2012-2014 and they to have had engine blew... One model Being Kia Soul. Very disappointed.

Love my optima
By Patricia

2012 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car 2012, new. Drives nice, good mpg, a little noisy, trouble shutting trunk. Drivers seat starting to feel springs 4 yrs out. Maintenance, knowing your manual is key to keeping engine &transmission in good shape. 74000 miles to date..no repairs, just maintenance.

Blown Engine
By J Supanich

2012 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine blew at 47,000. Like others have posted, my engine blew driving 70 mph on the highway. I bought the car used with 36,000 miles. At 42,000 it needed the fuel pump replaced (under warranty). When the engine blew, it took a long time for Kia Motors to approve the work. They will try to find reasons to not cover the work. I finally got my car back 6 weeks later. Another issue I have is it is consistently pulling to the left. I have had it looked at 3 times already and it's still not fixed. I do really like the some of the features of the Optima though. The Navigation and Climate Controls are on point. And it has a nice sporty feel to the car, but at this point I'm looking to trade it in ASAP before something else goes wrong.

• SUV