2012 Kia Optima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Zero Problems in 50,000 miles of driving!
By heyguy on 08/30/14 20:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My wife and I both drive Optima Hybrids and we both traded in Lexus' for these cars. While not luxury laden like our old cars (and we do miss the wood, quality leather, and quieter drive, our cars have almost all the bells and whistles and have performed flawlessly for 2+ years and combined 50,000+ miles of driving. Love the 6 speed shiftable transmission, great radio, and heated and cooled seats. Love to the 35-40 mpg we get on long drives!

So far so good...
By bykdude on 09/08/12 14:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Great car and great value. First 1000 miles ok. Only complaint would be the seats. Dude...you might as well be seating on a park bench. Other than that, this vehicle has all the features of any other luxury car. We'll just have to see how it stands up over time.

Kia Hybrid Premium was a great find
By sii on 04/29/12 21:51 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

What a find! It's a bettery hybrid than the Camry and had more features for the same price as the Sonata. Lithium Polymer battery provides extra power during hard acceleration. The transition from EV battery mode to engine power was smooth unlike in the Sonata or the reviews. My guess is they tweaked the software. Not as sporty as a smaller car or a Mazda, but much better than other hybrids. Though it's a hybrid, it feels like a normal fully equiped car except for the quietness and good MPG.

Optima Hybrid Great Value all Around
By ennui5000 on 04/22/12 19:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I chose the KIA Optima Hybrid because these were the hybrids dealers were willing to negotiate lower and KIA offered additional incentives. From what I understood, it was the same system as the Sonata. 2010s KIA seems to be the great deal like their cousins unknown cousins were in the early 2000s. I am learning the car. Mostly, I keep it in cruise control as the EVO best monitors the performance. This works well. If you drive in EVO on your own, their is slight hesitation (why I gave it 4). EVO off and you feel the 200 HP and it moves without hesitation!! Lots of room, quiet, smooth ride, panoramic sunroof has wind shield. Tons of features. Handles well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid in VA is:

$125 per month*