2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo: What a Passenger Thinks
July 06, 2011
As I mentioned in a previous post, we took the 2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo up to San Luis Obispo for the holiday weekend. That's about eight hours of seat time total, not including the time it took to explore the area. In any case, here are some passenger seat impressions:
- I have to give Kia props for the angle of the cupholders. None of this, "Wait, is that your water bottle or mine?" Because here it's obviously the one closer to you. Great use of space. Bonus is that the driver said it doesn't get in the way of his shifting.
- Love how I can program a destination into the nav while the car is in motion. I never understood why some cars will lock that feature when the car is moving as if to say that no one ever transports passengers who can do that stuff for the driver.
- The dual climate controls and dual seat heaters/coolers only reaffirm my opinion that the Optima is a great road trip car.
- The passenger seat wasn't exactly plush or OMG comfy but neither did it compel me to jump out of the car rubbing my tush at every pit stop. Twas just OK. Ample legroom, but then again I'm only 5'5" so take that for what it's worth. Love the power-adjustable controls.
- Plenty of storage for holding snacks, my iPhone, the aforementioned 750ml water bottle, sunglasses, hair clips, etc.
Caroline Pardilla, Deputy Managing Editor