2011 Kia Optima Consumer Review: The Optima ROCKS!

2011 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

The Optima ROCKS!
By lovemyoptima on

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Optima is 1 year old - 22,000 miles - mostly interstate/highway.I'm still in love with this car! I'm confused by other posts about the poor gas mileage?I just took a trip from Boulder CO through the mountains (Hwy 285) down to northern NM and got an average of 32.5 MPG and just under 600 miles to the tank. Coming back, I got 550 miles to the tank or 29 mpg (had to climb more coming back).In town I'm getting 24.5-27 MPG.Until I took the plunge and bought a KIA I was a Toyota gal (Camry and Corolla owner and I loved them)...I will never go back to Toyota...they are totally boring to the core.The 2011 Kia is a quality car. It might not be a BMW or Audi but it's the closest I'm going to get!

Awesome gas mileage for this sedan size; plenty of power to climb steep mountain roads with ease; no issues driving on snow/ice (up to 12 inches of snow...haven't taken it out on unplowed roads with more than 12 inches of snow); beautiful inside/out - receive random compliments about the car at gas stations, etc.; love the leather seats/spacious, comfortable interior...no probs toting my son's full size cello around whether in trunk or back seat and we're a tall family - love the leg space; very quiet ride compared to my old camry and corolla; backseat air vent (don't have to freeze in the front seat just to cool the back seat folks);this car is FUN to drive. 22000 miles and not one problem.

I should have upgraded to get the power passenger seat (I have the power driver's seat). My elderly parents have trouble getting in and out of the car on the passenger side because the manual seat sits much lower than what it could if it was a power seat. I would have also enjoyed a higher quality stereo/speakers - we still enjoy our music in this car but the stereo/speaker quality is lacking slightly on the EX base model.