Used 2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

The best dollar value
By coloradoan1

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Optima two weeks ago. So far an excellent decision. The engine is impressive and in the city gives 25+ MPG. What is fun is the technology package: this car is equipped with features that you only find in a top notch brand. It is probably true that it is a little more noisy than a BMW or a Mercedes... But it is half the price!. I think this is a great option. Must see before buying a new car

Favorite Features

Tech package. And the extended (double) sun roof!!

Suggested Improvements

Change the tires. With better tires (Michelin for example) the road noise is reduced

Very Happy with my 2011 Kia Optima
By devildawg1

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Optima for 5 months and are pleased with it. The MPG is excellent. We took a trip from Illinois through Pennsylvania and then down to Myrtle Beach and back to IL. We averaged just over 35 MPG for highway driving. This is corrected as the computer reads a little higher than we actually receive. We typically were driving 65 - 75 MPH. I am 6'4" tall and I fit very comfortably driving. I can even stretch my legs straight out if I need to stretch them. The trunk is large. I play golf so one of my expectations is that I can get 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. With this vehicle it is not a problem.

Favorite Features

Love the push button start and ease of changing the steering wheel position. My wife has arthritis and those features make it much more convenient for her. The large trunk is also a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

My one concern is that road noise can be excessive, depending the the road we are on. I have heard it could be the tires. Hopefully, that is the issue. The noise is not unbearable but I would like to have less noise.

good value, but not refined....
By jerryjerry

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Did the online shopping at Edmunds before I bought this for my son. I've been driving it the last 5 months as well. The power train is not smooth. Shifting is awkward after a few months. Very loud in hwy, wish we had longer test drive on hwy before we bought it. I think they were very aggressive when they stated their gas mileage. I'm getting 3 miles below in Georgia driving. And my son stated it pull to the left as others have experienced.

Favorite Features

Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Clearly more refinement. Maybe 2nd year would be better.

Love my car
By sean_nock1

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I initially bought a 2010 optima in November of last year. I was happy with it until a month later I saw the 2011 Kia Optima. I fell in love with the vehicle and what really caught my eye is the fact it came in a manual 6 speed. I recently gave in and went back to the same dealership I bought the 2010 to see if I could get a 2011. Thankfully everything worked out and I was able to get it not paying that much more.

Owe KIA an apology
By richn2

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First looked at a KIA in June, thought no way spending xx dollars for a KIA. I mean its a KIA. Plus I have a fully loaded Durango that I loved.Well picked up my 2011 SX Pearl White w/ tech & Prem package last Saturday. Should have done it a lot sooner. First day out took it on a 200+ mile drive, highway avg 34.8 mpg. All week city traffic avg 24. 4 mpg. What a ride. No pulling to the left, interior is plenty quite, steering is tight but so was my Saab. When my 24 yr daughter saw it she said let's trade in her Pontiac Solstice and get her a Optima, so it must be a sharp looking car. Is it a perfect car no but its close enough. I learnt never to compare what I had to what I have.

Favorite Features

Still getting familiar with all of the accessories so for now I would say the gas mileage. So far I have not been disappointed with anything inside or outside of the car. I do like the Infinity radio and the layout of the dash. The nav system is ok but what one is perfect. Oh thats right mine was in my last car.

Suggested Improvements

I do think the radio display is a little too much specifically the big visual display in the left hand corner of the nav screen. It would be nice to have a backup sensor and a split screen showing both the map and the radio channels.