Used 2011 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Best Midsize Car for 2011 Update #2
By dankocke on 07/11/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Left pull issue has not been resolved but Kia corporate is working the issue from all angles, though with no fix so far. Took a 2000 mile trip last week from Missiouri to Florida. Car is a very good travel car for long distances. Gas mileage was not as good as expected but then again my average speed with A/C on was between 80 and 85 mph. Gas mileage in these conditions hovered between 27 and 29 mpg. This is inline with just about every other midsize car I've had as rental cars. A/C does make a difference and speed over 75mph makes a big difference. Otherwise the car is super quiet and had no rattles.

Bought a 2011 SX fully equiped
By acerava on 07/10/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2011 SX graphite color and everysingle day people are asking what is that "the new audi? the new infiniti? the new saab?". I love it! great pick up, quiet (not as loud as people exaggerate but I have the luxury wheels) i owned a 2002 nissan Altima and that was loud to me. There is zero complaints aside from the engin start in the mornings (I live in LA) its a bit loud but quiets after 10 seconds. I absolutly had to add the K5 leds in the front and man does it make a difference! Im still in awe over the car and I drove it 1600 miles already. I would have never bought a Kia in my life but after testing the C300 and audi A4 this had a lot more for the money. I did rebadge though for K5.

Gas Mileage SUCKS!
By westca on 07/08/11 20:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the EX Premium package and love the panoramic dual sunroof, heated steering wheel, colled and heated seats and the rest. The car does sound like a go-kart (as others have posted) and I am very upset with the 21 mpg (mostly hwy) gas mileage after 2000 miles. Dealer said I need to break it in more, yet I do not read that in the owner's manual and wish that was disclosed to me before my purchase! Reading reviews it seems this low gas mileage is a common issue, and hopefully KIA or EPA will do something about it! False advertising and a lemon!

Optimum Optima
By optimasx on 06/25/11 22:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded a G8 GXP, for this car. I thought I loved that car, And would miss it, but this one is a whole new experience (even without 415 hp). Features, cost, fit and finish, options, this baby is loaded, very nicely styled, and still has 274hp, and gets 37 hwy mpg....and it's a KIA!

A phenomenal value!
By ambobob on 06/25/11 12:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our Optima about 5 months ago, and in that time have only put about 900 miles on it so its difficult to comment on reliability. But - that aside, wow do you get a lot of car for the money! Ours came practically loaded (minus the panoramic sunroof, navigation, heated/cooled seats) - for around $22,000. The interior is modeled after Audi, and seems like something you'd find in a much more expensive car. The beautiful French stitching really catches the eye, and the exterior styling definitely turns heads! Kia has definitely come a long, long way in the past 10 years and I would encourage anybody who is in the market for a mid-size sedan to strongly consider the Optima.

Bang for the Buck
By mja2 on 06/06/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my SX for app. 3 weeks. Zero Complaints so far. Gas mileage in regular mode is in the neighbor hood of 26 MPG mixed driving. If I am gentle in ECO mode I have gotten 29mpg under the same conditions. Acceleration to 60 is good , acceleration above 60 is very impressive, it might even scare you alittle. Overall quality seems very good. I have the basic stereo and the sound is crystal, I can only imagine the upgraded version. The only negative so far is when I start it first thing I hear a faint rattle in the exhaust.

7,000 mile update
By ggunderson2 on 06/03/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just finished a Highway trip of 350 miles each way thru hilly country. Average MPG of 37.8!!! Seats remained comfortable, ride was quiet. I have owned a new car every other year for at least 20 years and have NEVER gotten as many compliments for any other car. The other day a gas station attendent ran out to ask questions. Not a single rattle or any maintenance to-date. You really should look at this car as it cannot be touched at this price!

Likin' it
By bobpdd70 on 05/22/11 19:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had my Optima SX Turbo for about 6 weeks now and I'm likin' it so far. I didn't buy it to be a luxury car substitute so I'm mindful to not compare it one. It looks great, the power is there and I really enjoy driving it. If I did have one gripe, it would be the tires. I think alot of the issues (left pull and road noise) that are posted in the previous reviews may be tire related. I'll find out in about 35,000 miles when I change mine out.

My SX experience
By 72roadrunner on 05/22/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car. Handles great and has excellent power whether using ECO mode or regular mode. I am getting 30mpg overall combined city and hwy with about 50/50 of each. This car has the interior room of a much bigger car. I have extra long legs and I still fit in this car great, and there is room for someone to sit behind me with my seat all the way back the way I need it. This isn't true for many cars. The truck is also bigger than other large cars I have driven/owned. I love that people can't figure out what kind of car this is at first glance. That will probably change as more show up on the road, but for now I feel I am driving an exclusive luxury automobile, that runs on regular!

Very Impressed
By orion1192001 on 05/16/11 22:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw this car on the road and decided to go in and check it out. I was very impressed. It had more features, power, practicality, and features than other cars I was considering for about $5,000 less. 2 years ago I would never have considered a Kia, but this car is legitimate. After a few hundred miles I am still appreciating its refinement and drive. Try to shelve your bias and just test drive the thing, I think you will be pleasantly surprised....