2011 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Very Happy with my 2011 Kia Optima
By devildawg1 on 08/23/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Optima for 5 months and are pleased with it. The MPG is excellent. We took a trip from Illinois through Pennsylvania and then down to Myrtle Beach and back to IL. We averaged just over 35 MPG for highway driving. This is corrected as the computer reads a little higher than we actually receive. We typically were driving 65 - 75 MPH. I am 6'4" tall and I fit very comfortably driving. I can even stretch my legs straight out if I need to stretch them. The trunk is large. I play golf so one of my expectations is that I can get 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. With this vehicle it is not a problem.

good value, but not refined....
By jerryjerry on 08/23/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Did the online shopping at Edmunds before I bought this for my son. I've been driving it the last 5 months as well. The power train is not smooth. Shifting is awkward after a few months. Very loud in hwy, wish we had longer test drive on hwy before we bought it. I think they were very aggressive when they stated their gas mileage. I'm getting 3 miles below in Georgia driving. And my son stated it pull to the left as others have experienced.

Love my car
By sean_nock1 on 08/21/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I initially bought a 2010 optima in November of last year. I was happy with it until a month later I saw the 2011 Kia Optima. I fell in love with the vehicle and what really caught my eye is the fact it came in a manual 6 speed. I recently gave in and went back to the same dealership I bought the 2010 to see if I could get a 2011. Thankfully everything worked out and I was able to get it not paying that much more.

Owe KIA an apology
By richn2 on 08/18/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First looked at a KIA in June, thought no way spending xx dollars for a KIA. I mean its a KIA. Plus I have a fully loaded Durango that I loved.Well picked up my 2011 SX Pearl White w/ tech & Prem package last Saturday. Should have done it a lot sooner. First day out took it on a 200+ mile drive, highway avg 34.8 mpg. All week city traffic avg 24. 4 mpg. What a ride. No pulling to the left, interior is plenty quite, steering is tight but so was my Saab. When my 24 yr daughter saw it she said let's trade in her Pontiac Solstice and get her a Optima, so it must be a sharp looking car. Is it a perfect car no but its close enough. I learnt never to compare what I had to what I have.

So far, so good
By im714 on 08/10/11 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for 6 weeks now and have put 1600 miles on it. The build quality seems to be pretty good although there is a squeak coming from the passenger door. The turbo is a lot of fun to drive, but doesn't make the vehicle a sports car. The vehicle makes the weirdest sound when accelerating but I guess that is normal (sounds as it if has an electric engine or something). Visibility out the back window is limited but you get used to it after a while. I love the exterior design of the car. The interior is good but it could be better. I wish I had gotten the Infinity stereo-the standard is loud but that's about it. As for MPG, the computer estimates 2 MPG higher than the actual number.

FROM A NIGHTMARE TO AN OPTIMA
By d2dv on 08/08/11 10:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Land Rover Discovery that was a constant pain that wouldnt go away. Now I have an OPTIMA and I couldnt be happier. I test drove the Accord, Camry, Focus, Cruze, and others... OPTIMA is hands down the best out of any of these. Tons of features are included in even the base model. I got the extended 100K bumper to bumper warranty just for added piece of mind and I still paid under $25K out the door. Already have 2000 miles and I am averaging 29 mpg!! Less than the stated mpg but much better than the 11mpg I was getting on the Rover. Im probably getting the KIA Sportage when our minivan finally gives up.

Blown Away
By dakota001 on 08/08/11 08:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking at Lexus, Acura, Accord EX recently and drove by a KIA Dealership. I remember a friend had purchased a KIA years ago and put over 300,000 miles on it with virtually no problems. I was blown away at the Optima. It is elegant, refined, stylish and reasonably priced. After the test drive, I called my credit union and drove it home immediately. The next day when I went to sign the paperwork for my loan at the Credit Union, there two more new Optimas in the parking lot. The loan officers came out to look at them and were all oooohing and aahhhing. I LOVE my Optima

The most for the least
By bflem83 on 08/02/11 09:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my 03 Rio last week... says a buddy, "you went from a KIA to an Infinity??" No, this IS a KIA! This car meets and beats my expectations. The power of a six cylinder with the efficiency of four, this thing is a beast on the road, whether trying to pass or just have fun. I have the SX turbo with luxury package. Corners are incredible, and the ride is MUCH smoother than i expected based on other comments (what, were you driving through feathers before??), and i still cant believe the power behind it (274HP?!). The interior is incredibly elegant, with attention on the driver, and the panoramic roof, wow. Bumper to bumper, this car will have you feeling much richer than you actually are

Awesome!
By ddoc117 on 08/01/11 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Man, when I first saw this vehicle on a Kia dealership lot, I was immediately taken. The Optima SX is, by far, the coolest vehicle in it's class. Looks, styling, performance and value all rolled up into one fine automobile. Way to go Kia, you have my undivided attention, so much that a week after I first saw the Optima SX, I purchased one.

Best Midsize Car for 2011 Update #3
By dankocke on 07/26/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Left Pull Issue 90% eliminated by getting new tires. I was very hesistent about going this route as Kia would not offer to do this for me. I've read the discussions on Kia forums and people who changed tires had success. Luckily I was one of them. I went with Yokahama Avid Envigors about $100 each and the fun factor has returned to this car 100 fold. These new tires handle much better, are better in the rain and provide good road feel with a much better pronounced on-center feel. Otherwise, my Optima is performing well. With the sweltering heat my mileage has been between 27 and 29mpg commuting to work and back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Optima in VA is:

$134 per month*