Used 2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Owe KIA an apology
By richn2

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First looked at a KIA in June, thought no way spending xx dollars for a KIA. I mean its a KIA. Plus I have a fully loaded Durango that I loved.Well picked up my 2011 SX Pearl White w/ tech & Prem package last Saturday. Should have done it a lot sooner. First day out took it on a 200+ mile drive, highway avg 34.8 mpg. All week city traffic avg 24. 4 mpg. What a ride. No pulling to the left, interior is plenty quite, steering is tight but so was my Saab. When my 24 yr daughter saw it she said let's trade in her Pontiac Solstice and get her a Optima, so it must be a sharp looking car. Is it a perfect car no but its close enough. I learnt never to compare what I had to what I have.

Favorite Features

Still getting familiar with all of the accessories so for now I would say the gas mileage. So far I have not been disappointed with anything inside or outside of the car. I do like the Infinity radio and the layout of the dash. The nav system is ok but what one is perfect. Oh thats right mine was in my last car.

Suggested Improvements

I do think the radio display is a little too much specifically the big visual display in the left hand corner of the nav screen. It would be nice to have a backup sensor and a split screen showing both the map and the radio channels.

Nice...But
By shortstop6

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle new...loaded. Looks great but right off not excited about gas mileage. 25 mixed driving and it's on eco. Hopefully you don't wear nice clothes to work because if you do and it's raining you're gonna ruin your slacks or nylons on the frame as you try and step out. It's so far out to the left that you need to look like a carricature to exit without getting a wet and mud stripe on your pants. Also, road noise is deafening and makes my Acura sound like a church at 2am. The brake pedal has an annoying thump every time you take your foot off the pedal which if you let it, will drive you crazy. The road trip we leave on this wed. could send me back to Lexus.

Favorite Features

Sounds system is great and cooled front seats a plus. Looks are fantastic

Suggested Improvements

more attention to detail, road noise, better exiting capabilities. Just overall need to build a more finished product before covering up flaws with Bells and Whistles and upgrades

Here we go again
By rockinrn

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am rewriting the review of my 2011 Optima EX because my original review and many other driver's reviews have disappeared. I have owned the car for 5 months now and I can say that it is a very good value. The interior and exterior styling are very modern and eye-catching. The quality of the materials is above average and the car has many standard features such as Bluetooth, leather-trimmed interior and a 6-speed automatic transmission. However there is bad with the good. The seats are hard and acceleration is unimpressive. AND boy is this car noisy on the freeway. Tire roar/wind noise is so LOUD that it is impossible to carry on a conversation with out practically yelling.

Favorite Features

Exterior/interior styling. Standard features. Value for the money. Warranty. Quality of interior materials. Interior leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Sound insulation, sound insulation, sound insulation. More power. More comfortable seats.

Need moe refinement
By jerryjerry

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Performance -- most good, but power and transmission appears to be out of sync. Comfort -- the noise level is higher than camry and accord. Value -- though it has more features, it still could be priced more competitive. Fun to Drive -- as mentioned before. the engine and transmission appears to be out of sync. Engine power does not translate to overall performance. Some what loud noise from engine. Interior Design -- Overall good Exterior Design -- This is subjective. Overall it looks good, my only concern is the profile doesn't look that attractive. Build Quality -- Appears good, however, it's a Kia. time will tell. Reliablity -- Again, it's a Kia. It's know for minor issues.

Favorite Features

Engine Power. Console layout

Suggested Improvements

improve transmission smoothness. and steering could use more refinement as well.

2011 Kia Optima
By vatili1

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the new Kia Optima for about 10 days now and it is a very nice car with many good features however it has excessive road noise - Kia pls fix this issue ASAP and you have a excellent car that can compete with the best in it's class.

Suggested Improvements

road noise..........