2011 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Great Start...a few nitpicks
By flip00 on 10/18/11 07:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, Kia hit a home-run with the new Optima. Researched and then drove all the competitors in both 4 and 6 cylinder high end versions, and the Optima hands down was superior. had to wait almost 3 months to get mine, I had really just wanted an EX with the premium package...love those cooled seats in the hot El Paso sun, but have not regretted the SX. Have not experienced the pull to the left, and the car is as quiet as my former Accord EX-L on the road. A few quality issues with the sunglass holder and mood lighting not functioning on the passenger door and I do get have the rattle from the sunroof. getting an average of 24-28 in mixed driving in part due to elevation Would buy again!

8000 Mile Review
By redbruin on 10/14/11 18:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I hit 8000 miles last week and still love this car. I came from a Lexus IS250 to the Optima turbo SX model and prefer driving this over the Lexus. It has more power and is more fun to drive. I get about 18-23 mpg in the city and 30-35 mpg highway. This is a mid $30K for a mid $20K price tag.

A nitpicker's review of the few bad things...
By race117 on 10/13/11 12:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

6mths 6k miles, SX getting 27mpg avg. Outside noises flood the cabin! Try driving this car on hwy in moderate rain & you will know what I'm talking about. The wheel wells have like a pourous industrial felt instead of a plastic liner, look at them before you buy. Drive though smoke/skunk/exhaust and pay the price as smells flood in. Sunroof bug/wind shield rattles (while closed) when you hit bumps. Ride rougher than expected & seats are somewhat uncomfortable. Side view mirrors hold water and fog easily. Windshield has a fogging problem I think is related to the cabin not being sealed well. Gas lock release works poorly. Backs of legs touch car getting out. Great car overall though.

best value
By rhamblen on 10/12/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Looks like a car costing thousands more. fit, feel and ride are outstanding. performance is exceptional. Optima has exceeded what I had even hoped for. KIA has a winner..

3rd updatre
By donnie71281 on 09/24/11 22:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've not got 4,000 miles on my EX-Turbo. I still love this care as much as the day i bought it. Not a single issue with the car. The turbo engine is fantastic. Fit and finish is great and this car is the favorite of all the cars i've ever owned. The only thing i would change is having just 1. (which may change)

unbelievably good value
By ssekdad on 09/15/11 11:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in early July and drove from Chicago to Colorado and back in August so I already have almost 5000 miles on this car. I love almost everything about this car so my complaints are really nit picky. The city gas mileage isn't great (15-20) but we got almost 33 mpg on the trip to Colorado where we averaged over 70 mph. In Eco mode the transmission seems to downshift abruptly when you are decelerate. The routing on the GPS and the POI library isn't great so I am continuing to use my TomTom GPS unit. Other than that I am thrilled with the car. The workmanship is top notch, it's extremely roomy and comfortable, the panoramic sunroof makes it feel even more spacious.

The best dollar value
By coloradoan1 on 08/27/11 06:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Optima two weeks ago. So far an excellent decision. The engine is impressive and in the city gives 25+ MPG. What is fun is the technology package: this car is equipped with features that you only find in a top notch brand. It is probably true that it is a little more noisy than a BMW or a Mercedes... But it is half the price!. I think this is a great option. Must see before buying a new car

Very Happy with my 2011 Kia Optima
By devildawg1 on 08/23/11 20:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Optima for 5 months and are pleased with it. The MPG is excellent. We took a trip from Illinois through Pennsylvania and then down to Myrtle Beach and back to IL. We averaged just over 35 MPG for highway driving. This is corrected as the computer reads a little higher than we actually receive. We typically were driving 65 - 75 MPH. I am 6'4" tall and I fit very comfortably driving. I can even stretch my legs straight out if I need to stretch them. The trunk is large. I play golf so one of my expectations is that I can get 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. With this vehicle it is not a problem.

good value, but not refined....
By jerryjerry on 08/23/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Did the online shopping at Edmunds before I bought this for my son. I've been driving it the last 5 months as well. The power train is not smooth. Shifting is awkward after a few months. Very loud in hwy, wish we had longer test drive on hwy before we bought it. I think they were very aggressive when they stated their gas mileage. I'm getting 3 miles below in Georgia driving. And my son stated it pull to the left as others have experienced.

Love my car
By sean_nock1 on 08/21/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I initially bought a 2010 optima in November of last year. I was happy with it until a month later I saw the 2011 Kia Optima. I fell in love with the vehicle and what really caught my eye is the fact it came in a manual 6 speed. I recently gave in and went back to the same dealership I bought the 2010 to see if I could get a 2011. Thankfully everything worked out and I was able to get it not paying that much more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Optima Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*