Used 2011 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Great Car, even better Value
By MN Packer Fan

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Optima EX with the Premium Package has many of the 'bells and whistles' of a luxury car without the price. Great MPG too,..up to 33 MPG on the Highway when taking long trips.

5 YEARS VERY LOW MILEAGE
By 60yrsadriver

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This was supposed to be my last second car. In five years I have put only 17,800 miles on it. In the future I will probably put about the same mileage on this car. I am very satisfied with this car, I have had zero problems with it. Now to my concerns. Kia did not send me a letter of recall about the brake light switch. Sloppy communications. Kia did send me a letter recently stating this cars engine could fail due to bearing problems. In the letter Kia stated they will extend the warranty on the engine. Therefore I researched this problem and a great number of people have had very bad experiences when their engine blew up on the highway. Then Kia gave them the run around about their maintenance records and did a lot of denying of claims. That really affects me since I change my own oil and filters. I am sure Kia is not going to believe a word I say concerning what I have done. Warranty worthless in my case. I have concluded I will have to keep this car and drive it until something happens. Of course there is a possibility I will not have a problem. I gave...MY...car 5 stars based on my experience. Kia would not get even one star based on their performance.

kia bad motors
By denise cantrell

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 optima it has 32000 miles on it the motor went out at 80000 miles so kia puts a used motor in it 28th 62000 miles on it that motor went out at 82000 miles now kia tells me that it's my problem that the car is fine and they can't help me or tell me why the motor went out on top of that my car has been down from June 2015 can't find a motor with less than 132000 miles on it or the parts to rebuild it but kia told me they had the parts but when the mechanic couldn't get the parts what do you I wouldn't take a new car from kia even if I didn't have any payments I would wall first very in happy ... Denise Cantrell sc

EX fully loaded is an awesome car
By boneyard1

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Currently reviewing the 2011 Optima EX with 66,000 miles. I wouldn't like the car nearly as much with the LX package or even without the tech or premium packages, but when loaded with those options, this is a great ride and tremendous value! Drives great, plenty of power when needed, and great highway gas mileage. I usually only get 24-25mpg when city driving, but easily get over 30mpg on any kind of road trip. I've had no issues mechanically. Love the upgrades that are available on this car and it looks/feels like a car twice its price. Plenty of room in the backseat for adults and also children in car seats.

Heated and cooled seats work great, navigation and voice command are huge benefits, memory seats for my wife and I, rearview camera is big and clear, and probably the best feature is the push button start - being able to unlock/lock the car and start it up without ever taking the key out of my pocket. This is a hard feature to get in a car that costs $27k brand new.

50k+ and zero issues Lease end with 75k miles
By deeper

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Car has shown no wear on leather seats or elsewhere. No squeeks. No issues. My Lexus LS430 had more problems at this mileage and mention this because at 1/2 the price makes Kia Optima a compelling used car buy. Addition: Returned vehicle at 75K miles and still running and looking great. Needed full break work to continue but not unexpected at this mileage. Kia covered small issues beyond warranty period with no hassles and a smile. Service experience by Kia at various dealers matched only by Lexus dealers. I would recommend this car as a used vehicle as it seems to be able to hold up with miles and time.