2011 Kia Optima Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )
Bad to the bone.
By snowman22 on 07/28/13 10:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My 2011 Kia hybrid is now just a bad memory. The hybrid system is nothing short of dangerous. Push the pedal and it would not go. Lots of fun when pulling into traffic. Jerked,hesitate and just awful to drive. Did I mention unsafe. Also seats as hard as bleachers at the ball park. Just horrible. No padding at all. Last---no resale. The Kia dealer would not even take it in on trade. They can't even get rid of it. They offer the lowest auction price. Dirt bottom. So stay away from these vehicles. You will regret the purchase. Don't believe the bull of---we now have the update fit. Not true---just as bad. These cars are a accident waiting to happen. Just Remember--DANGEROUS TO DRIVE.

don't drive it as you would drive Prius
By doryhan on 03/16/12 14:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My other (or previous) cars: Ford Taurus V6 Chrysler PT-CRUISER I4 Cadillac DHS V8 I have owned and been driving Optima Hybrid (OH) for a month, filling up the tank twice. MPG: first tank 34.5MPG second tank 35.5MPG (99% city: the car computer indicates the average speed 22.2MPH) At the beginning, I tried to drive the optima the way I would drive a Prius - slow acceleration, no sudden stops, obsessively use EV mode (or try to use). But that does not help you with MPG. (more talks continued in "Suggested improvements")

It is cool, not expensive and.....it is a hybrid!!!!!!!!
By luisguido on 12/19/11 18:07 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I am a Hybrid guy (previously owned a Prius, then a Camry, the a Fusion and finally an Insight (I average 28000 miles per year). I bought my Optima Hybrid three weeks ago and I already drove 2,765 miles. Guys with this car you can have all of the above: the Camry comfort, the Fusion solidity, the Insight low price, and if you drive your Optima Hybrid by placing an egg between you foot and the accelerator, you can get 32/38/43 miles per gallon - trust me, I get that all the time.

Went with the KIA hybrid
By gmafb on 07/16/11 10:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought the car and immediately drove to Las Vegas from Phoenix in July. The air conditioned seats were very much appreciated. Gas mileage turned out to be precisely as advertised. Around town mileage is between 35 and 38. Have owned a Prius before and the tranny in the KIA is not CVT, so it handles the power differently. I personally dislike the CVT, so this change is good IMHO. The ride is excellent on the highway and good in town. I chose this car over the Fusion and the Sonata. The Sonatas I drove pulled to the right. The Fusion drove okay, but the ergonomics for the AC controls were downright idiotic and the exterior looks like a streamlined YUGO.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid in VA is:

$130 per month*