2011 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
3rd update
By donnie71281 on 05/05/12 21:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've now had my EX-Turbo for 13 months. Just hit 8,000 miles. I still love the car as much as I did the day I got it. Not had a single problem with the car. I have no complaints with the fuel economy at all. Yes, the Nexen tires are noisy, but once those are changed the car is extremely quiet. Makes our Accord sound like a wind tunnel. I would buy this car all over again. No regrets.

Nothing but problems
By kjanney on 02/20/12 08:26 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was so excited when I puchased my Kia Optima last June. However, that quickly changed. Two weeks after purchase, the turbo blew out while we were on vaction. It took forever to be fixed because parts on a new car were not readily avaiable. Once we got it back, the Turbo blew out AGAIN in less than a month. Not to mention that the alignment has been out since I bought the car. The Turbo hasn't blown out since the 2nd failure, but the alignment continues to be out, even after multiple attempts to fix it. I'm tired of fighting the steering wheel to stay on the road. The car looks slick, and has cool features, but I can't keep this one. Looking for another car.

7 months / 14,000 miles
By we_will_see on 01/28/12 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my Optima EX turbo/loaded for 7 mo. now and have driven over 14,000 miles. Still like this care very much, I live in NE Ohio and it drives great in the snow. Had to drive through a snow storm in Indiana on my way home from Chicago and it handled great on the highway. Love the heated seats and steering wheel, great on those cold mornings. Defrost works fast & well, as does the rear defrost/mirror heaters. Handling & performance are excellent, very sure footed. Transmission is great also. Love the nav/blue tooth/voice activation etc. Every thing is really easy to use. My only complaint would be the stiff seat but heard they fixed in 2012 models. Overall great car!

3rd updatre
By donnie71281 on 09/24/11 22:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've not got 4,000 miles on my EX-Turbo. I still love this care as much as the day i bought it. Not a single issue with the car. The turbo engine is fantastic. Fit and finish is great and this car is the favorite of all the cars i've ever owned. The only thing i would change is having just 1. (which may change)

unbelievably good value
By ssekdad on 09/15/11 11:23 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in early July and drove from Chicago to Colorado and back in August so I already have almost 5000 miles on this car. I love almost everything about this car so my complaints are really nit picky. The city gas mileage isn't great (15-20) but we got almost 33 mpg on the trip to Colorado where we averaged over 70 mph. In Eco mode the transmission seems to downshift abruptly when you are decelerate. The routing on the GPS and the POI library isn't great so I am continuing to use my TomTom GPS unit. Other than that I am thrilled with the car. The workmanship is top notch, it's extremely roomy and comfortable, the panoramic sunroof makes it feel even more spacious.

The best dollar value
By coloradoan1 on 08/27/11 06:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Optima two weeks ago. So far an excellent decision. The engine is impressive and in the city gives 25+ MPG. What is fun is the technology package: this car is equipped with features that you only find in a top notch brand. It is probably true that it is a little more noisy than a BMW or a Mercedes... But it is half the price!. I think this is a great option. Must see before buying a new car

So far, so good
By im714 on 08/10/11 19:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for 6 weeks now and have put 1600 miles on it. The build quality seems to be pretty good although there is a squeak coming from the passenger door. The turbo is a lot of fun to drive, but doesn't make the vehicle a sports car. The vehicle makes the weirdest sound when accelerating but I guess that is normal (sounds as it if has an electric engine or something). Visibility out the back window is limited but you get used to it after a while. I love the exterior design of the car. The interior is good but it could be better. I wish I had gotten the Infinity stereo-the standard is loud but that's about it. As for MPG, the computer estimates 2 MPG higher than the actual number.

Great Car 2011 EX Turbo fully loaded
By we_will_see on 07/17/11 12:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This truly is a very nice car. Is it perfect no but unless you want to spend $80,000 plus. This car is a great value, have the premium package with nav etc. Have had for over a month with 3,455 miles. Took two trips with it one 2 hours one 6 hours and it drives great on the highway. I got 34.8 mpg. The front drivers seat is a little stiff and could use more padding and the ride is a little firm but you get use to it. A bit to much plastic inside but over all it looks rather up scale. Getting about 22 mpg in the city. Dispite what I have read it's very quite and I don't hear the road noise from the tires. The engine runs smooth, shifts smooth and it can move with the turbo.

Very Impressed
By orion1192001 on 05/16/11 22:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw this car on the road and decided to go in and check it out. I was very impressed. It had more features, power, practicality, and features than other cars I was considering for about $5,000 less. 2 years ago I would never have considered a Kia, but this car is legitimate. After a few hundred miles I am still appreciating its refinement and drive. Try to shelve your bias and just test drive the thing, I think you will be pleasantly surprised....

2nd review of my EX Turbo
By donnie71281 on 05/11/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've not put a little over 800 miles on my 2011 Turbo EX. Not a single problem. My Optima tracks 100% Straight on the freeway with NO left pull at all. I've read of others having the left pull issue and i agree that you should test drive the car on the freeway first. Though I would say that of ANY car. This problem isn't an uncommon issue with electric steering(generally sofware related). Honda and VW have had the same issue. Our 2003 accord has started the left pull again. I still love my Optima 1,000,000 times more than i did the Accord Ex-L V6 i test drove. I'm also going on week 3 without a trip to the gas station. Really love that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Optima in VA is:

$151 per month*