2010 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
I love my Optima
By redsgirl1 on 05/30/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 KIA Optima a year ago and I couldn’t be happier. It was one of KIA’s “rentals” with 12,000 miles on it and in pristine condition inside and out. I’m getting about 30 mpg around town. It handles beautifully and I feel safe and secure driving it. My mechanic was very impressed with it when I took it in for an oil change. Said I made a smart purchase. I’m an old woman now, 67, and this will probably be my last car but if I ever have to buy another car I would buy this one in a heartbeat.

Awesome!
By colleen1994 on 04/05/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased the Optima about a week ago and I must say... I LOVE IT! There is enough 'hoots and whistles' to keep me happy and the gas mileage is amazing. My kids love the sound system, room and comfort, and I honestly couldn't be happier. It has a lot of of power for highway driving. Great car for the price. Highly recommended to those looking for a reliable, economical vehicle!

Great on gas
By csharp1 on 09/13/11 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought this car used and was worried..This car is great, comfortable,gas saver,roomy. I was worried with a smaller engine from a v-8. Great little pick up. good choice no fancy frills but i need good gas and comfort. recommended

Great so far!
By char3lee on 03/04/11 21:41 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car so far. I have put about 1000 miles on it and am really enjoying it. I bought it barely used, and feel I got a great deal. The back is very roomy for two people and a third would be pretty comfy if they were not too big or if it wasn't a long trip. It has all of the things that are important to me and more. I did get the higher end wheels and automatic driver's seat, which are nice. It has lots of pep and I get 33 mpg on the highway. I think that's great for a non-hybrid. Everything is just laid out great! Get one now, because I think the price will go up on these. The 2011 looks even nicer.

New Purchase
By avgwarhawk1 on 12/20/10 13:42 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle at a end of the year clearance. Glad I did. Turned in a dreaded VW. I did drive the car 150 miles thus far. Not much however the ride is comfortable and overall very pleasant to drive. Controls on the dash are easy to read and reach. Fit and finish are solid. The car feels very confident on the road. Steering is confident as well. There is no blind spots that I noticed. Over all the value of what you get when purchased is excellent.

Love it!
By AB on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased it and although I've only had it a few days I love it so far and I really like the warranty they offer with KIA. Would buy another I really like it and the price was great! Rides good too!

Excellent Value
By DD on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Here at the end of 2010, the 2010 model optima is a great deal. The options you can get for your money on an ex or sx blow the Toyota/Honda competition away. The only close competitor price wise was the Malibu, which was also discounted. The optima has the Malibu beat in most regards in my opinion. Gas mileage is good, I'm getting 24-25 mpg in the city around la and I'm not an easy driver. On the highway, if I try I can push around 35 mpg. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power, more than most of its competition. Interior is great. Exterior looks really sharp, better than Hyundai's and I like over the Camry and Accord.

Awesome car!
By Riya on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for about 2 months but so far so good. This is my second Kia, my previous Kia was an 06 Sorento, Kia is definitely stepping their game up. I chose this car over a new Honda Accord because Kia offers more bang for the buck. For less than the price of the Honda I got a touch screen system w/ nav and satellite radio, sunroof, ipod connection, and heated seats. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and the gas mileage is decent also. The warranty is also awesome. I love my new car!

Just one week, but...
By Marla on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Optima. Purchased a 2010 Optima on 10/30/10, and 500 miles later, it's great. I am a short woman, and it's a comfy drive for me, as well as a comfy ride. My husband is 6', my sons are 5'10" and 5'7", and they can all sit very comfortably in the back seat, too (fabulous rear leg room!). Just enough toys to make me happy, but not so many cool electronic gadgets that I'll worry about one breaking. I really love the Sirius radio, the cruise control works flawlessly, and the controls for both on the steering wheel are great.

Great car for $
By lisa522 on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's a great running car, good on gas. Lots of room on the inside. 3 kids ages 7,9 & 12 also a hubby that is just over 6 feet. Very roomy. It has a big trunk also. We went from a 3rd row seat trailblazer. The trailblazer was good but we would have to put the back seat to travel so the kids had to sit in the bench seat anyways so it doesn't really change with the space we need cause the optima trunk is so big & so much better on gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Optima Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*