Used 2010 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

A Mixed Bag
By sronald1918

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car as as a former rental car in December 2010. I had no significant problems for about a year and then a dying out problem occurred that required me to go all the way up to a vice president of Kia Motors America (KMA) to get it fixed. This problem required multiple repairs by the KMA engineer for the Eastern United States but it was finally fixed after about a year. My experience is that Kia has a long and difficult warranty. Some minor paint issues also appeared after about 4 years that were not covered by the warranty. As to performance and comfort the car is fine.

Favorite Features

Engine has good power for a 4 cylinder. Good acceleration. Comfortable ride for driver and front passenger. Big trunk for its class. Good head and leg room in front. Easy to get into and out of. Easy to use controls. Good sound system. Good safety rating. Hankook Optimo tires were good in the snow. ABS brakes, traction control, electronic stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Use 60 month battery instead of 24 month battery. Synthetic automatic transmission fluid rather than blended. Make fatty belt extenders available. KMA has already addressed the lack of lower back support in the driver's seat in the newer Optimas -- I bought and use an after market lumbar support that works fine for me. Make warranty work easy rather than hard. Better paint. Synthetic engine oil rather than blended oil.

I love my Optima
By redsgirl1

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 KIA Optima a year ago and I couldn’t be happier. It was one of KIA’s “rentals” with 12,000 miles on it and in pristine condition inside and out. I’m getting about 30 mpg around town. It handles beautifully and I feel safe and secure driving it. My mechanic was very impressed with it when I took it in for an oil change. Said I made a smart purchase. I’m an old woman now, 67, and this will probably be my last car but if I ever have to buy another car I would buy this one in a heartbeat.

Awesome!
By colleen1994

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased the Optima about a week ago and I must say... I LOVE IT! There is enough 'hoots and whistles' to keep me happy and the gas mileage is amazing. My kids love the sound system, room and comfort, and I honestly couldn't be happier. It has a lot of of power for highway driving. Great car for the price. Highly recommended to those looking for a reliable, economical vehicle!

Favorite Features

Style, sound system, power everything, satellite radio, room, comfort, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Standard moon/sun roofs in all....

Great on gas
By csharp1

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought this car used and was worried..This car is great, comfortable,gas saver,roomy. I was worried with a smaller engine from a v-8. Great little pick up. good choice no fancy frills but i need good gas and comfort. recommended

Favorite Features

comfort,big trunk

Suggested Improvements

none 2011 already improved.

Great so far!
By char3lee

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car so far. I have put about 1000 miles on it and am really enjoying it. I bought it barely used, and feel I got a great deal. The back is very roomy for two people and a third would be pretty comfy if they were not too big or if it wasn't a long trip. It has all of the things that are important to me and more. I did get the higher end wheels and automatic driver's seat, which are nice. It has lots of pep and I get 33 mpg on the highway. I think that's great for a non-hybrid. Everything is just laid out great! Get one now, because I think the price will go up on these. The 2011 looks even nicer.

Favorite Features

I love the fuzzy upholstery. This seems to be hard to find in recent cars. I love that it has satellite radio and an aux jack. I haven't tried the usb jack yet, so I can't comment. I really love the mileage I get. The great thing about this car is that almost everything is standard without a lot of extra cost. Oh, and did I mention Great Warranty!

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a little more comfortable. For a long trip a small thin pillow for a little extra back support helps me. If I were really going to get picky, some type of audible alert would be good if you open the door with the lights still on.