Great Car
By nick on
2009 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Never thought I'd buy a KIA, but thought I'd take a look and was really surprised. If you want a V6, move on, but the 2.4L 4-cylinder is more than competitive with the smooth automatic. (Surprisingly, much better power than Mazda 6i, which I tested just before.) The SX trim level offers sharp handling for a sedan, and it's something different than yet another Accord or Camry with more features for 1000s less. The build quality, noise levels, and ride are all better than expected with no problems so far. The warranty is impressive. This car will certainly convert those KIA haters (like me a year ago), and folks often ask me if that's an Audi I drive, which I'll take as a compliment.
Favorite Features
Tons of features and good handling (SX model) for less $$ than others / the 4- cylinder is as good if not better than competitors. USB connectivity is a fantastic feature. No slip seating! Lots of space. Great safety features. Nice 17 inch rims.
Suggested Improvements
Offer a more powerful V6, add lumbar support and standard blue tooth. Spread the word...a KIA is now a car to brag about.