Used 2009 Kia Optima SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Great Car
By nick

2009 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never thought I'd buy a KIA, but thought I'd take a look and was really surprised. If you want a V6, move on, but the 2.4L 4-cylinder is more than competitive with the smooth automatic. (Surprisingly, much better power than Mazda 6i, which I tested just before.) The SX trim level offers sharp handling for a sedan, and it's something different than yet another Accord or Camry with more features for 1000s less. The build quality, noise levels, and ride are all better than expected with no problems so far. The warranty is impressive. This car will certainly convert those KIA haters (like me a year ago), and folks often ask me if that's an Audi I drive, which I'll take as a compliment.

Tons of features and good handling (SX model) for less $$ than others / the 4- cylinder is as good if not better than competitors. USB connectivity is a fantastic feature. No slip seating! Lots of space. Great safety features. Nice 17 inch rims.

Offer a more powerful V6, add lumbar support and standard blue tooth. Spread the word...a KIA is now a car to brag about.

Best car for the money in a long time
By Elmo

2009 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am 60 and cars have always been a hobby of mine. I decided to trade in my HHR due to rusting and other problems. I have looked at many cars and drove several and I like this car over the camry and accord, witch cost 10000 more comparably equipped. I chose the SX 4cyl model and so far I am totally delighted. Who knows what the future brings but so far excellent! I never thought I would buy a Kia but, I have to say they have come a long way.

Navigation, voice command driven radio and navigation, excellent interior, heated seats, auto dimming mirrors heated mirrors, very modern styling. It actually came with extra lugnuts!! 10 year warranty

Lumbar on the sx model,I Miss that

Home run!
By Elmo

2009 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All I can say is Kia has come a long way in a short time. I bought an sx and a comparably equipped camry or honda was about 11,000 more. I am very happy and plus have the best warranty in the business.

climate control, navigation is amazing and radio really sounds great!

lumbar on sx

Blown away
By carman09

2009 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove an Accord, Camry Mercedes just to name a few. I drove an Optima and was totally blown away. I would have picked them over the others any but when you throw in the cost it is truly unbelievable. This car has everything you can imagine as options, has road manners that of an Accord. I drove a camry (32,000) comparably equipped. The only thing the kia didn't have was a 3yr, 36000 warranty. The Kia has a 5yr 60000 bumper to bumper and 10 yer 100000 warranty! Very happy!. Cost 20,150

love the Infinity radio/navigation w/ sub woofer heated seats and general design

Lumbar support on the sx model