WOW, says it for me.
By BigChris on
2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
As with many people my bias toward Kia was negative based on second hand knowledge of prior year models BUT Wow, I am so far amazed. I gave the car a 9/10 on Interior only because I feel the plushness of the cloth seat fabric does not fully live up to the quality level of this car. I am impressed with how this car measures up to my test drives in similar Lexus, Toyota, Volvo, and Mazda vehicles. Sweet! The cabin is solid and quite. Rear seat leg room and comfort beyond expectation. Ride, Steering, and Handling ... ahhhh ... so good. Love the Deep Sea Blue paint. Trunk - Deep & Wide. Standard sound system, pretty darn good, and that's VERY important to me. A/C works very well even in Texas.
Favorite Features
Though the car has electric locks, the other doors do not automatically unlock when I open the driver or passenger door with the key. It is so quite inside that I can't hear the engine running and sometimes stall the car (M/T). Wish seatbelt shoulder point went higher.
Suggested Improvements
Slightly more plush cloth on interior. Include the upper compartment on the center console for LX model. Make the glove box larger. And tell people that the $3000 rebate does not apply if you finance the vehicle.