2008 Kia Optima 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great little car for the

2008 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Great little car for the downsizer
By bumpergirl on

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the 2008 Kia Optima for a few weeks now. I understand it may take a while to break in a new car and improve gas mileage. So far I am averaging between 26 and 30 mpg. Highway of course is outstanding. I am overall happy with my purchase. Its somewhat of an adjustment coming down from a Toyota Avalon. However, I am very happy with the balance between luxury and economy in the Kia. The interior and exterior appearance are definitely luxury. The ride and price is definitely economy. So keep that in mind. The experience buying the car was excellent. The best way to work is to put a small deposit on your car, and write up the Purchase and sale, then shop 2-3 dealers. Happy days!

Favorite Features

Interior design, and feel. Luxury for price. Similar in appearance to high end vehicles. All comments mentioned by others.

Suggested Improvements

Rolls when reversing on a hill! Rolls when stopping on a hill and acts like a manual car. Need to fix this! Rear defogger, slow to start and lines really close together. Road noise is kind of hard and abrasive. Head space getting into car and ability to grab seat belt if seat is forward.